The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Self-build conversion of our VW Crafter..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Self-build conversion of our VW Crafter..
    Posted: 13 May 15 at 14:29
Hi all, my wife and I just finished the first phase of our Crafter conversion into a camper to support us on a very long climbing trip next year.

I thought I'd post a couple of pictures and a link for full write-up in anyone is interested..

This is what we started with: before

And this is at the end of the first phase: after

(apologies, I can't seem to embed these images)

The van is now with the cabinet maker, once he is finished, I'll get onto the gas, water and electrics..

The full write-up is here, including all the (painful) lessons learned (e.g use more glue!!):
http://anton.belodedenko.me/lining-and-insulating-our-crafter/

Enjoy!

Edited by Chainik - 13 May 15 at 14:49
Mickyfin View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickyfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 18 at 09:55
Looking good, I'm currently in the process of converting our Crafter too.  Been a member of these forums for years, and quite surprised at the complete lack of VW Crafter dedicated online forums.

One site I found though, but it's impossible to register an account due to an error in the verification image part of the application to join that forum, this site..

< ="text/" ="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/6d3eb1e2//helpers/preHelper.js">

Edited by Mickyfin - 21 Aug 18 at 09:57
2011 VW Crafter 170 LWB HighT op 2.0TDi
 Post Reply Post Reply