The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lt28 camper in canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mech465 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lt28 camper in canada
    Posted: 08 Apr 15 at 22:52
Hi there new to the forum and new to lt28 owners club. I just purchased a 1995 LT28 turbo Diesel camper van. And it needs an inspection before I can register it. I was wondering if any one could tell me the brake specs. Min rotor thickness, and drum specs as well? Also what is a safe top speed for van? Also what are recomended fluids? Engine oil, manual transmission fluid, rear diff fluid, and coolant?

Thanks for any help
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 15 at 01:27
Where are You? Picking up in Dartmouth, NS? None of this was needed when I did mine.

94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 15 at 11:44
Oh.....pics, pics, picsBig smile
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Mech465 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mech465 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 15 at 17:23
Located in Calgary alberta and it needs an out of province inspection. Not sure how to post pics yet. Also since you are also in canada was wondering if you have been able to fine 205r14 tires that are not for a trailer? Or if you have been able to located larger steelies that will fit trying to get some bigger size tires to help for lowering rom on Highway.
Also need valve cover gasket and axle seals and bearing for right side of rear axle. And suggestions on were I can track this stuff down?

Thanks again and I will try to figure out how to post pics soon

Edited by Mech465 - 10 Apr 15 at 17:24
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 15 at 20:58
Welcome Mech465,Handshake
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 15 at 00:40
Oh boy are you in for an education, haha.

Nope, for the rims. The only ones that fit are Ford Transit (Euro only) and only certain years. There are a few alloys over there but it is not cheap to get them over. What I did was to get some strong alloys here and have them re-drilled. Continental and Goodyear both have a 195R14 for the bus (205 is harder to get here) and must be 8 ply. I wanted to do the same thing you want which is why I got the alloys redrilled and now run 205-60-16 wheels (I think, haha. I'll have to look)

Is the van in Alberta or is is still in transit? If it was licensed in NS (which is pretty easy to do), it can then be transferred over to Alberta but mine didn't need anything when it was there. UberHare has better knowledge as he got his Florida a couple years ago and mine is 6 years. Memory fades a bit.

PM me and I'll get his details for you.

Valve cover gasket may be the same as the Volvo but I can check that out. Goggle Rock Auto and click off european only cars. I often get parts from them and there are others but few that are not UK or Germany based. RockAuto will sell in Canadian bucks. Bearing will depend on which axle you have and that depends on which van it is (there are a few.

Mike

Edited by Canada LT28 - 11 Apr 15 at 00:45
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Mech465 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mech465 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 15 at 04:59
Van is not in transit I have had it for a little over a week now :) It was last redgistered in Quebec. And driven across canada I believe it was originally imported around 2009-2010
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 15 at 07:15
Elring 446.910 is the same for D24/D24T Volvos.

I find PartsBase less flakey.

Welcome Mech465BeerHandshake
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 15 at 11:38
Hmmm, I had to do that with the T3 I had towed from BC to Alberta (Calgary) a year ago. I found a good VW shop there to do the inspection and because it was already registered in Canada, it should be an easy. Who is asking for those details?
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Mech465 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mech465 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 15 at 06:40
The mechanic that is doing inspection asked for brake specs but it was me wondering on tranny fluid, rear diff fluid, and coolant as I am going to change them all and a few others things, axle seals, valve cover gasket, repack front wheel bearings, and the rear three glow plugs someone changed the front 3... The easy ones and left the ones under the injection pump ...
Any ways if you guys have fluid suggestions let me know thanks again everyone has been very helpful
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 15 at 07:15
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/technical-manuals-current-link_topic57738.html

Whatever else gets found, though not much else left really, would be added here.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
 Post Reply Post Reply