The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RH ZW1s - 8 x 17 ET53

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavB95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RH ZW1s - 8 x 17 ET53
    Posted: 25 Mar 15 at 20:21
I've been offered a decent set of RH ZW1s in 8x17 with et53.

I know that a few people have ran these wheels on T3s and that RH spacers are required but will these work or am I best to look for lower offset wheels to avoid the 30+mm spacer these would need?

Anyone out there running ZW1s?

Edited by GavB95 - 25 Mar 15 at 22:12
Bluestar T3 running AAZ/flipped box
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 15 at 21:29
The thing with ZW1s is that they are designed to work with a spacer.
They have a raised area lip on the inside that locates on the outside of the spacer.
So you really need to run a spacer or adapter of the correct diameter...
I run 9" rears and 8" fronts and I had to have the rear spacers machined to sit properly

If theyre cheap enough to budget getting some spacers then you should be able to fit them, but mine were a "cheap" set, and it cost me a fortune to get mine on and sitting right

Just having the colour coded now, and them I have them to rebuild with new lips on the front...

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
GavB95 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavB95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 15 at 21:43
Very nice! I had a search and had seen a post on here from a few years back where you'd advertised your van and mentioned the zw1s. I wasn't too sure if you still had them.

What et are yours without the spacers and what width spacers did you use? I'd have to stick to 8s all round till budget allowed a rebuild on the rear.

GavB95 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavB95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 15 at 12:42
Done the maths and there's a good reason that the set I'd been offered were cheap! I'll be sticking the Carats back on for now.

Should've known really, I've built a set of BBS splits for the mk1 that ended up costing a small fortune. 
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 15 at 23:51
ET... honestly cant remember now. They fit.
I think the details are on here somewhere.

Yeah... expensive business this wheel malarky. There are very few cheap wheels when it comes to putting them on a T3

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 15 at 06:35
Originally posted by Tee3 Tee3 wrote:

The thing with ZW1s is that they are designed to work with a spacer.
They have a raised area lip on the inside that locates on the outside of the spacer.
So you really need to run a spacer or adapter of the correct diameter...
I run 9" rears and 8" fronts and I had to have the rear spacers machined to sit properly

If theyre cheap enough to budget getting some spacers then you should be able to fit them, but mine were a "cheap" set, and it cost me a fortune to get mine on and sitting right

Just having the colour coded now, and them I have them to rebuild with new lips on the front...

Looks bob on colour coded Thumbs Up
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
 Post Reply Post Reply