The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insurance Quotes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance Quotes
    Posted: 06 Mar 15 at 12:50
Yesterday ! received my insurance renewal quote, which at £203 for an agreed value of £12500 on my Florida wasn't too bad however I rang round a few brokers, as you do, and was very pleasantly surprised by a quote of £173 for the same cover from Peter S Taylor and Co who also trade as Bishop Calway.
This is for cover provided by Allianz which I understand is quite a reputable company.
The chap I spoke to at Peter Taylor was quite knowledgeable about classic vehicles, everything was sorted out very quickly and today I received all the documents in the post.
I accept that you never know how good your insurance is until you have to make a claim but I thought I would share my experience with you all as an example of good customer care, something that is very often lacking these days!

Edited by Serge - 07 Mar 15 at 08:58
1990 LT28 Westfalia Florida 2.4TD + Reliant Scimitar GTC + Mk 4 Mondeo + Triumph Trident Sprint 900 + Honda 550/4
http://www.sergeantsmess.co.uk/
icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 15 at 18:50
I've also got a really good deal on mine, but mine's a group policy.

All of mine are through Rigton as they're all essentially commercial vehicles (I've got a panel van, a minibus - and a coach, too - but that isn't an LT!) - and they're absolutely fantastic.

The smaller brokers and companies are generally a lot more helpful and knowledgeable than the bigger ones.

I think I pay £240 for the coach and the minibus on a joint policy, and £130 for the panel van. They only do non-modified classic commercial stuff, though - so LT's aren't their usual bag; I've only managed to get away with it because I've got the coach with them as well.

Edited by icky - 06 Mar 15 at 18:51
Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

- 2000 MK4 Golf GT TDi
- 1994 LT Panel Van
- 1997 LT Minibus
- 1984 Volvo/VanHool Alizee
Serge View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 15 at 09:00
They offered to add my Scimitar on to the same policy when it's due for renewal in June for another £60 so I'll probably go with that too!
1990 LT28 Westfalia Florida 2.4TD + Reliant Scimitar GTC + Mk 4 Mondeo + Triumph Trident Sprint 900 + Honda 550/4
http://www.sergeantsmess.co.uk/
 Post Reply Post Reply