The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oil presuure light 2.5 petrol T4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny43.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil presuure light 2.5 petrol T4
    Posted: 20 Jan 15 at 11:38
Hi guys from down under [Australia} a quick question which I also posted on the Aussie forum but got no replies . My son has a 97 T4 2.5 Petrol engine van , the van is being prepped for sale and I started it the other day and the engine oil light is now flashing when started . Oil level is spot on so I am a bit puzzled why its on any ideas please .
light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 15 at 14:50
Check the condition of the wiring harness and wires  coming from the alternator  
they often rub together inside the plastic cover damaging there insulation and short out which can cause the oil light to come on this is a common problem  

If all the above looks ok i would start with checking oil pressure with a test gauge  then the switches if the gauge proves you have the correct pressure 

All the above assumes you have checked the wiring going to the oil pressure switch/switches

Edited by light - 20 Jan 15 at 15:05
 Post Reply Post Reply