The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

squealing noise on boost: SOLVED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMP260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 14 at 08:39
Sorry predictive text
was a 2006 130 shuttle
now a 2006 174 multivan
CMP260 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMP260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 14 at 15:13
removed the DPF to Turbo gasket, yep it was blowing soot trails all the way through in one spot. still dunno if thats whats causing the squeal since the new gasket I replaced it with is totally mangled too and it still squeals.
Ive ordered another new one...

Question, anyone know how do you get it all to fit together with the gasket? it seems like it only fits properly once its crushed on but I cant get it on the DPF stub so I suppose those little tabs on the gasket are for holding it in place on the turbo while you fit the surrounding clamp?

was a 2006 130 shuttle
now a 2006 174 multivan
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 14 at 22:07
Originally posted by CMP260 CMP260 wrote:

but I cant get it on the DPF stub so I suppose those little tabs on the gasket are for holding it in place on the turbo while you fit the surrounding clamp?

Don't know if it's the same, but I just replaced the turbo on our octavia.  The gasket between the dpf and the turbo was a circular flat tin affair.

Three tangs on the inside diameter were there to be bent over, then you could slip the gasket over the stub of the dpf and the bent over tangs hold it in place - they provide just enough friction to hold it there while you struggle with the clamp.

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
CMP260 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMP260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 14 at 12:06
thanks, do you remember if the concave side of the gasket goes towards the turbo?

was a 2006 130 shuttle
now a 2006 174 multivan
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 14 at 14:33
Concave towards turbo on mine. It kind of fits the profile of the turbo if you offer it up
Back in the slow lane, yeah!
CMP260 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMP260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 14 at 14:43
yeh, thats what I did. Problem was it wouldnt fit on the dpf stub so I couldnt push them togethr to get the clamp to fit...
was a 2006 130 shuttle
now a 2006 174 multivan
Tonywynhoven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonywynhoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 17 at 08:12
Hi I have a 2.5 bpc 4 motion dual cab chassis 2008. I have the same squealing sound. I’m hoping it’s also loose exhaust manifold. Did you end up replacing the exhaust gasket or just tighten it. I’ve started removing the turbo as I want to clean it out while it’s stripped down. My vehicle has lost lots of power and greatly reduced fuel economy too. Could loose exhaust manifold cause that? I’ve scanned it and have a p2002 and p242d code. I’ll pull it apart tomorrow and update... btw how does one get to the rear bolts holding the turbo to the Block??

Edited by Tonywynhoven - 28 Dec 17 at 08:13
Toa84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toa84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 18 at 11:21
Originally posted by Tonywynhoven Tonywynhoven wrote:

Hi I have a 2.5 bpc 4 motion dual cab chassis 2008. I have the same squealing sound. I’m hoping it’s also loose exhaust manifold. Did you end up replacing the exhaust gasket or just tighten it. I’ve started removing the turbo as I want to clean it out while it’s stripped down. My vehicle has lost lots of power and greatly reduced fuel economy too. Could loose exhaust manifold cause that? I’ve scanned it and have a p2002 and p242d code. I’ll pull it apart tomorrow and update... btw how does one get to the rear bolts holding the turbo to the Block??

Hi, I'm interested in what the outcome was with the boost squeal?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12