The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help with gears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with gears
    Posted: 13 Nov 14 at 19:20
hi all any body know where in the midlands i can get me gear change sorted out ,,,cheers ,,Mark
life is for living in a vw
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 14 at 19:45
?What is wrong Mark?
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
foden01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 14 at 20:33
stuggle to get gears lot of play does me head in ...lol...going away new year hopefully,,,,,, Mark
arriston View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arriston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 14 at 20:46
we had to do my lt gear linkage we had it all off and cleaned and greased and reset the position and did the gaiters and it made one hell of a difference and the only new items replaced was a couple of gaiters     
1987 lt50 coach converted to motorhome
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 14 at 20:57
If all the gears are near impossible try replacing this little ball, 015311544. It is a soft PU ball under the gearshift lever, part #8 in this image. Still available through VW Commercial.

I am going to make some new bushes too, for the main shaft, so I will put you down for a pair.Wink
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

foden01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 14 at 23:52
i be off down the vw dealers to get this ball looking forward to the bushes,,,,are you based in the midlands Wink
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 14 at 06:13
The Toon.....I doubt that is anywhere near Noddyland.Wink

That will be Newcastle-upon-Tyne then.Big smile

VW LT Camper not Cramper

foden01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 14 at 14:30
well down to the dealers this morning and got me ball ,,,,lol,,,,just need to find someone to fit it now ,,,,,,,,,Wink
foden01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 14 at 18:28
fingers crossed got me mate doing me gears tomorrow SmileThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply