The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Right click" remote central locking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Right click" remote central locking
    Posted: 23 Oct 14 at 08:04
does anyone have any experience of this kit, such as fitting and how it performs when you get it fitted.  I am fitting remote locking to my bus and like the idea of a flip key.... what can I say Im still trying to pretend to have a new(ish) car LOL

http://www.campertronic.co.uk/product/right-click-central-locking-kits-3/

that is the kit I am looking at, now please form an orderly queue to laugh and tell me this is a bad idea....

thanks
Recently become the owner of a T3 1.6TD, currently being rebuilt.... Watch this space
chris7ian View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris7ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 14 at 13:42
Very nice -i have a Golf flip Key for my Bus and remote central locking, but sadly only on a fob attached to the key... I'm going to have a look at that link and see if I cant combince the alarm fob and key Smile
fufflenarnia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 14 at 20:21
I have one fitted and have fitted my key and immobiliser chip into the flip key.

It works well, I even put an actuator on the boot so I can release that too.

I've had it a few years - the keys aren't quite as strong as the vw key, I've had to replace one, also my indicators started shorting through the alarm (blown diode so all 4 would flash left or right), so I just use one side now. I will fix that one day....

Camper tonic tried to copy my key to a ah key, sometimes it works, but not for me, so I cut and made my key fit.

Edited by fufflenarnia - 23 Oct 14 at 20:22
Gtavalanche View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 14 at 21:35
They also sell the n profile key which you can get cut and fitted at any locksmith. This is on my list of things to do.
I taste Hurty!
caron666 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M NOT A BIRD, HONEST!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caron666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 14 at 22:28
Watch out for remote locking.  There are chaps out in the 'real' world who dress up as policemen and drive proper police cars and they get the code for the lock and then steal the van at a later date.

Honest!  It just happened to me WinkWinkWink
If it's got tits or wheels sooner or later you're going to get problems.
malcyb View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 14 at 08:17
Originally posted by caron666 caron666 wrote:

Watch out for remote locking.  There are chaps out in the 'real' world who dress up as policemen and drive proper police cars and they get the code for the lock and then steal the van at a later date.

Honest!  It just happened to me WinkWinkWink

Ahhh let's hope it doesn't happen to me, hopefully not but if they really want a euro registered van then lets hope they can drive it properly
Recently become the owner of a T3 1.6TD, currently being rebuilt.... Watch this space
 Post Reply Post Reply