The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

K I T C H E N unit wires to battery...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoWesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K I T C H E N unit wires to battery...
    Posted: 18 Sep 14 at 19:22

I have looked around at the wiki and threads here and on Club 80/90 I promise, but just confusing myself. Can anyone give me a simple answer as to which wires are which from the K I T CH EN unit to the relay/battery.

After a very small but heart stopping fire from the wiring at my leisure battery I am going to start rewiring and updating where needed.  I have various diagrams and wiring advice I'm looking through but can't seem to find this simple bit of info.

The wires are as follows.....
1) All white ...... On further investigation it seems that the early Westy units (like mine) have the fridge relay on top of the fridge and this wire is connecting it to the battery
2) All Red
3) Red/Black
4) Red Yellow

Obviously if this isn't standard then I'm in for a longer/griefier time. Your help and any advice will be appreciated.

Edited by GoWesty - 18 Sep 14 at 20:34
GoWesty View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoWesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 14 at 19:27
Bizarre. I type in K I T C H E N normally and it keeps auto correcting to dildo! Is that a hint to just get someone else to do it?

.....And I've just noticed I've posted this in the wrong section. Can a Mod please move it to the other Westfalia section.........I'm having a bad day!

Edited by GoWesty - 18 Sep 14 at 19:44
 Post Reply Post Reply