The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

17" RH cups....will they fit?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youthy giblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 17" RH cups....will they fit?
    Posted: 15 Sep 14 at 21:47
Evening all. I have chance of a set of 17inch RHcup slit rims for my van. They are et53 with 72.3 centre bore. Anyone have any ideas what would be needed spacer wise to fit them on a t3??? I already have longer studs etc so not to worried about that side of things. Cheers Jon
youthy giblets View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youthy giblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 14 at 21:49
Forgot to add they are 8.5j front and 10j rear
Gtavalanche View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 14 at 22:35
Im sure jonox had some RH splits on his van
I taste Hurty!
youthy giblets View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youthy giblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 14 at 22:42
Does jonox still come on here? Havnt seen or heard anything of him for a while. His panel is a cool ride
Gtavalanche View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 14 at 07:32
Fuck knows, but cobblers is a good mate of his and he still comes on here. I agree, bloody nice van.
I taste Hurty!
T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 14 at 00:51

I have never fitted a set of these but i should be able to help to some degree.
as they are high offset you can space them to get the best out of them. but the down side of that is you will be looking at "bolt on-bolt to" spacers because of the width you will need.
silly long studs is not a good idea.

fronts will be pushing it a bit width wise 8.5" is a touch wide in combination with 17" diameter. you would probably be looking a slightly stretched tyres to get them under the arch lip. (and not hitting it on bigger bumps)

rears. if spaced right then you should get them within the arches, again tyre width dependent, with them within the arch you will probably have to trim the upper spring platform (on the body quite easy to do)
you have to be careful of the seam on the suspension arm.

to give you an idea.
a 9.5 x 18 wheel that's et28 will fit and clear the sliding door only just, but will need the spring platform trimming.

so if you run a 265 40 17 tyre on your rims they should sit quite square to the rim. I have used 255 45 17 on a 10" rim before. (plus you can find budget brand ones for 52-53 quid.

I would recommend a 25mm spacer for the rears.
giving you an effective et of 28.

front im not so sure on.
I know that 8.5x17 et 13 clears the suspension
I have not used this width and size much.

I think you are going to need at least 30mm spacers if the fronts are et53 as well.

Edited by T3ADICT - 19 Sep 14 at 00:59
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
wbx6dan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbx6dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 14 at 19:20
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv279/robshiers/1b06d3cfd102e1226cb55a606a8f3677.jpg club 8090 thread shows a couple of pics I think they are rh cups try this link (no promises)
Flat 6's forever
 Post Reply Post Reply