The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"19 wheels /tyres? sizes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbx6dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "19 wheels /tyres? sizes?
    Posted: 03 Sep 14 at 20:08
Evening boys i have acquired some wheels for my van which are and look the dogs bollocks but with 35 series tyres on they not only look stupid but well its just like rubber bands so what can you go to 40's 45's i reckon 50's would touch all the way around !
some of you boys must be running "19's by nowwhat say you?  
Flat 6's forever
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 14 at 16:59
how wide are the wheels ??
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 14 at 17:07
looking on camskill tyres site
225/40 only seem to go to load rating 93
235/40 go up to 96 but might be a bit wide depending on offsets & rim width
prettymuch anything else is going to be more thasn 5% larger than standard rolling radius and upset speedo and gearing
wbx6dan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbx6dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 14 at 20:24
Evening booted
the Oettinger rims are 8.5J and the tyres are 225/35 zr19 which I thinks would benefit from an upgrade to 40 or 45's and 235's because the rims are not protected by the tyres and they look a little silly.
I have put 10mm spacers on the back and have spaced the fronts out however the o/s front is rubbing on the upper wishbone by the ball joint so slightly more needed but she drove rather well have a look

Flat 6's forever
markpark View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markpark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 14 at 04:56
Fuck me. That looks hard as nails
DJ T3 homrbrew camper and 98 LT 2.5 TDI crew van
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 14 at 09:43
Yep. Van envy badly...
wbx6dan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbx6dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 14 at 21:52
thanks boys glad you approve I have waited 10 years for a set of these rims to turn up and although I loved my ronals these just seem to set the decals of a treat I will try some 40's from a friend and then decide on the tyre size after a refurb better get saving
Flat 6's forever
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 14 at 20:28
looks nice dan!!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

malcyb View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 14 at 08:16
And to think that I got all excited this week when my van was lowered and fitted with 16" porsche rims...... feeling like someone just pissed on my bonfire Unhappy

BUT..... This looks amazing!!
Recently become the owner of a T3 1.6TD, currently being rebuilt.... Watch this space
 Post Reply Post Reply