The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T4 pop top

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acerotool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T4 pop top
    Posted: 08 Aug 14 at 20:45
I fancy fitting a pop top to my T4. I'm a panel beater so want to have a go fitting it myself. Does any one know where i can get one from?
Eh?
phil g View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 14 at 22:22
Riemo do the best one imho. Expensive though about 4k.Phil
Camping Bazz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camping Bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 14 at 00:37
Be careful of the Riemo roof as the hinges are inside and do trap and damage the canvas, I went down the SCA roof route myself and I'm happy with it (cost 3.5K fitted).

Have a good read of the van forums and decide if you want a cheap roof or a good roof as it is a bit of a minefield on the T4 fella Smile.

Abyss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abyss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 14 at 13:52
I have a Austop, its reinfored for my LWB and fits well. You can buy them direct if you want to fit it your self. They have the new scissor hing or the older hinge off the roof, which does not pinch the canvas. 

Here are the two types, both on LWB, you will see the newer hinge does lift slightly higher, but, the extra height is not needed for me on a LWB at the back of the van..

90 VW T3 Syncro Panel Stealth Camper

98 VW T4 Transporter 1200 LWB 2.4TD - Syncro wannabe
 Post Reply Post Reply