The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Garages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 15 at 15:40
Following on from Colins post for the south i gave Andy at http://www.motcarrepairs.com/ a call to give him his full company name!!

His service and enthusiasm have been fantastic and from the first call to him i knew he was very knowledgable in the ways of LTs! He has had a good go through the engine and sorted out the timing and a few other issues with an MOT on a good fast turnaround. Best of all the van now drives far better with increased power right the way across the board!

Well worth travelling to Poole for a job well done.
1995 LT31 Westfalia Florida
colin gong View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin gong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 15 at 21:35
Glad he did you a good job Andy.
We now drop in on Andy once a year in June for a service/check-over, and he fixed a few niggly issues for us again this year, and in pretty good time too - it makes such a difference when a mechanic has lots of experience with LT's
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 15 at 10:18
Originally posted by colin gong colin gong wrote:

FOR THE SOUTH OF ENGLAND 

After a few years of getting mechanics to work on our 1988 LT55 (2.4TD), without ever finding one who we felt knew the vehicle as well as we would have liked, we have finally found a mechanic who knows every nut and bolt on there ...
    He has had a couple of LT's for years as his breakdown recovery vehicles so he really knows them inside out, , and he absolutely loves them....      ... he even entertains us by refering to our LT Motorhome by the name of 'Goldie'  like we do, and he totally understands how precious she is to us...

His garage is on an industrial estate on the edge of 

POOLE in DORSET

His name is ANDY - mobile  07749 207399...   
      Address is:    26 Kennington Road, Nuffield Industrial Estate, Poole, BH17 0GF

I am sure he does call outs / recoveries anywhere across the south of the country....
Well done Colin must try him for Kingpins @ some stage . Have you ever had yours done ?
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
colin gong View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin gong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 15 at 13:26
No, we have not had our kingpins done....
      ...but the job is on the cards for sometime, as we get an advisory on them every year...

From what he has said, I know Andy has done them on LT's (a lot more than once), and he has said he will be happy to do our Goldie's if/when they deteriorate enough to need doing...
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 15 at 15:15
Thanks for the reply Colin,good to know for the future, after the last nightmare i had here (did you see my post on this ?) 
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
pinemartyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinemartyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 15 at 15:01
I would happily recommend Dunkirk garage in Aylsham, Norfolk. It was my Florida that was spotted outside a few weeks ago. Pete Ash is a thoroughly decent bloke and he knows LT vans. He was recommended to me by a friend who also has an LT. Very happy with the work he undertook.

Vwnutter91 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vwnutter91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 17 at 21:51
Hello everyone dose any one no of any good mecanis local to portsmouth for my lt45 camper with d24t engine looking to have cambelt changed thank you

Edited by Vwnutter91 - 15 Jun 17 at 18:42
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 19 at 18:16
Very bad news.
ZeeMaps are now charging so that resource is shot, along with the Garages I have added, not mentioned here.

A friend and I are going to try another rack.

ZeeMaps

Edited by LTCamper89 - 12 Feb 19 at 18:17
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123