The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olly_T4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine conversion
    Posted: 05 Aug 14 at 22:51
Hi guys I have a 1999 t4 which I had planned to convert into a camper but then unfortunately had to use it for work I have now been supplied with a works vehicle and the camper conversion is back on track I am hoping to have her off the road this winter and am thinking of an engine conversion I want something maybe abit different with abit of power but can still give me the mpg. Does anyway have any suggestions??   
SebRogers View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebRogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 14 at 14:18
What engine d'you currently have?
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
'94 T4 Westy Cali Club ABT 2.4td
Olly_T4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olly_T4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 14 at 11:05
1.9 td
traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 14 at 13:39
1.9TDi a 1z or the likes.

The other channel has detailed how to's

Other than that you are fairly short on choice.

1.8T 20V goes in, but won't give you decent mpg !

Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
sunny43.5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny43.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 15 at 11:57
I swapped out the diesel non turbo engine from my sons T4 a couple of years back , I bought a complete T4 from Ebay with a 2.5 petrol engine onboard . Swapped the whole complete drive train exhaust fuel tank lines etc . The van now goes like stink but its a bit thirstier on fuel but the son is very happy . Interesting note to the job we paid $3600 for the donor van on ebay it drove really well but looked a bit shabby . So after the engine was removed I put the sons diesel engine and bits into the donor van spent a few hundred bucks painting a couple of bits fixed the front seats and put some carpet in the rear and put it back on Ebay guess what it sold at auction for $6500 , not a bad bit of profit .   
sketchymatt View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sketchymatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 15 at 01:26
What is this "other channel" ?
traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 15 at 07:17
Other channel is the T4Forum
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
sketchymatt View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sketchymatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 15 at 16:40
Ta.
 Post Reply Post Reply