The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

18'' Tyre sizes that dont catch arches..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kens_soup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18'' Tyre sizes that dont catch arches..
    Posted: 22 Jul 14 at 08:49
On my van previously I had some Genuine S4 18'' wheels and 245/40/18 tyres, These caught and pulled the arch lips. 
I have some genuine Audi A8 wheels to go on, and they have 225/40/18 tyres on but have a slight stretch on them on the wheels so they look a bit small. Just wondering if anyone on here has ran any 235/40/18 tyres and had issues with the outer arch lips catching? Just had new arches and a full paint so i dont want to catch and pull the arches!
Cheers!

Edited by kens_soup - 22 Jul 14 at 17:28
donecan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donecan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 14 at 21:39
I'm surprised that 245/40/18s caught anything...is the van really low??

I've got some 18" et35 9.5j rims on my van, running 235/45/18, and those are pretty wide wheels...no rub at all. Lowered probably less than 60mm on H&Rs. I was running 245/40/18s on RS6 alloys before, no problem then either...
kens_soup View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kens_soup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 14 at 08:47
It was lowered about 70mm but just over bumps it caught and pulled the arches, not sure what offset the wheels were but they were genuine audi wheels with no spacers!
 Post Reply Post Reply