The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFS Hutch, reprise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FFS Hutch, reprise
    Posted: 17 Jul 14 at 00:49
Damn 16 x 8 merc rims fit on the back with no issues, almost. BUT.....I boughT3mm spacers with lugs and I hit the damn arm, add a 10mm spacer that I had and still hits the arm. Can I put 2 of the 10mm spacers + the 25mm one on? what does that do to the geometry and loading?

FFS HutchWink ARRRRGGGGGDeadAngry ETC.

Just to confuse everything further, how close can the tire be to the spring?

Edited by Canada LT28 - 17 Jul 14 at 00:50
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 14 at 01:27
fuck it, I'll just post the pritschenwagen over
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 14 at 01:31
Can't say 2 5 mm spacers. Bloody swear filterBig smile

You wouldn't really want the pritschenwagen anyway seeing as it is powered by the "lesser" fuel, so I'd be happy to accept it, haha.
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 14 at 00:03
Hutch, did those mercs come in different sizes? Can I put 45mm of spacer on an 8" rim with an ET of 62?
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 14 at 19:38
i can confirm that they came in 6.5 and 8 on the mercedes ML. i bought a set of 4 and then bought another set of 4 next day so that i had 6 for my syncro, the second set were 2 6.5s and the rear were 8", so i bought a full set of 8s the next week,got them all powder coated in anthricite, tried an 8 on the rear and thought i will have the 8s and russel got the 6.5s. after van was built i went to fit on front and they DONT FIT!  i stripped the newly built up(powder coated) 16 syncro front hubs and arms, had to press out the new expensive bearings, shaved a few bits here and there off the uprights,re-powder coated,more new bearings, and fitted with a 5 or 10 mm spacer. i can also confirm that this was the best handling syncro i have ever driven due to the fact that every bit of rubber on the BFG all terrains were flat on the surface and the same width as the rims so virtually no roll on the side walls. there was also very little tyre wear over the 3 years i used them on all terrains. cheers mcgill
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 14 at 23:57
Thanks McGill, That answered all my questions. Everyone else (read: HUTCH) must have the 6.5" ones do to there being no issues.

Looks like 40mm spacers for the front and the 25mm works for the back. Now I have a nice pair of 25mm adapters with studs that will live in a drawer and I'll have to buy the 40mm ones. More money....ugggConfusedBig smile
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 14 at 00:23
Yes..but...I don't get what part needs shaving off a syncro upright to allow a 8 to fit that would entail having to remove the bearing...?

What where why?
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 14 at 02:48
The uprights were powder coated, so had to be stripped back down to be blasted and powder coated again after shaving some of the metal and coating off.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 14 at 23:19
Well, it looks like I need a minimum 50mm spacer for these 8" rims on the front, so anyone contemplating the same rim take note.
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
 Post Reply Post Reply