The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie T3 Syncro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattwilde66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie T3 Syncro
    Posted: 14 Jul 14 at 16:40
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. I've just bought my first T3 Syncro on eBay from a nice old chap outside of Inverness. Its a bit of an odd beast so I'd appreciate any feedback on the van. Its got a 2.3 audi 5-cylinder conversion in the back with a fitted eberspacher heater. It's originally a caravelle so its got all the windows and rev counter which is nice. I've been told the roof is a westfalia pop top but the struts are shot but he gave me some spare ones and also the front section came with it too but still needs fitting. Its got a lot of drill holes in the roof so bits have been taken off over time. Also inside the roof needs properly cutting out as the only access to the pop top is the old caravelle sunroof holes. The digger on the side is a mystery too but I think it adds some strange character. The red spray job is horrible though. You can still see the old champagne colour on the inside so I think it needs a good old strip down. Its runs fantastic and its got a full set of brand new mefro wheels including the spare. So far I'm dead chuffed but its just a start at the moment.

IMGP6257 by Matt Wilde, on Flickr
Proud Syncro Owner
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 14 at 18:07
needs a bigger pic!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
mattwilde66 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattwilde66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 14 at 22:26
Yeah sorry, flickr isn't playing ball :)

Edited by mattwilde66 - 15 Jul 14 at 00:56
Proud Syncro Owner
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattwilde66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 14 at 22:35
Proud Syncro Owner
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattwilde66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 14 at 22:36
Don't know why those links won't work. Wonder if i'm blocked because i'm new

IMGP6257 by Matt Wilde, on Flickr

Edited by mattwilde66 - 14 Jul 14 at 22:58
Proud Syncro Owner
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 14 at 23:24
Welcome chap.

There is a swear filter on the forum.

On here you can only call them T3 NOT   T 2 5 ( without spaces) . Rename your links and they will work
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattwilde66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 00:58
Originally posted by ELVIS ELVIS wrote:

Welcome chap.

There is a swear filter on the forum.

On here you can only call them T3 NOT   T 2 5 ( without spaces) . Rename your links and they will work

Cheers. Ive changed the name of the album and it works now. So T3 is the proper etiquette?Wink
Proud Syncro Owner
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 01:09
Yup, just wait till you start talking about the k i t c h e n, assuming there is oneLOL and if you don't have one, Elvis has been known to fit them.

Edited by Canada LT28 - 15 Jul 14 at 01:10
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattwilde66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 01:29
I get the gist of it Smile. Mines a bit scabby:

Needs a strip down and deep clean!Dead
Proud Syncro Owner
Abyss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abyss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 15:40
saw that on ebay, looked interesting, I like it! What are your plans for it?
90 VW T3 Syncro Panel Stealth Camper

98 VW T4 Transporter 1200 LWB 2.4TD - Syncro wannabe
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 16:07
?Still do the hill-climb there?

?What is the 'loose' bit under the engine? Looks as if it should be fixed somehow.

Nice little thing, perhaps we may cross paths.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Abyss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abyss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 16:58
the loose bit is the engine bash guard... its not been modified correctly to accept the engine that engine..it looks like it bolts on to the sump area lower down?
90 VW T3 Syncro Panel Stealth Camper

98 VW T4 Transporter 1200 LWB 2.4TD - Syncro wannabe
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 17:23
I guessed as much.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattwilde66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 23:26
Cheers I'll take a look at that guard. The plans for this one was to take it over to Norway and leave it there for most of the year. I've already got a T4 syncro so I can take this one and leave at my girlfriends parents. They already have a couple of syncro's and a big garage over there. I need to get it in tip top condition first. Needs two new footsteps and i'm weighing up a full re-spray too. The paint job is appalling!
Proud Syncro Owner
AlexMason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 14 at 05:45
Congrats mattwilde66 for your new T3 Syncro............Clap
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattwilde66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 14 at 22:16
Cheers. Its got a name now. He's called Kryten. He's currently disguised as a washing line in my back garden.

Proud Syncro Owner
 Post Reply Post Reply