The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.9TDi AHU in T3 Van with flipped gearbox

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavB95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 14 at 11:27
Thanks for the pics Scudson, I've fitted my AAZ/flipped box combo this weekend and I'm now working through the bay connecting everything back up. 

How did you work out the point at which to cut your original gear linkage to connect the Ultimate engineering adapter? I bought my set up 2nd hand so I'm not sure if Tim gives any guidance on setting it up? Any help on that would be appreciated! Thumbs Up

Regarding PAS, you could install Corsa EPAS if you felt the need for it.
http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/blog/corsa-c-electric-power-steering-epas-a118.html

SplitBusVanatic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplitBusVanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 14 at 12:55
Great conversion. Thanks for sharing.
Lovin' the Sneaky little pic of the 308 in the background.
Kent Joker View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 14 at 15:23
Originally posted by SplitBusVanatic SplitBusVanatic wrote:

Great conversion. Thanks for sharing.
Lovin' the Sneaky little pic of the 308 in the background.

and a 512 very nice indeed
Keith

1990 PD TDI Westy Atlantic
VW Nerd View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 14 at 09:25
Nice work. Great to here that you are up and running. This is a really interesting post with so many mods on your bus. I hope to catch you at one of the shows this year.

Tim.
Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 14 at 11:32
Originally posted by syncroandy syncroandy wrote:

Yes the speedo's over-read (by design) compared with the odometer. Unlike the other gauges which can be re-mapped in the eeprom, the speedo/odo related parts of the eeprom are checksummed, any modifications result in a defect being detected the odo display is replaced by 'DEF'. So I just set my VSS so the odometer is accurate, and live with the over-reading speedo.

can the system be run without a vss, as in can the ecu be adapted to not look for a vss if the mfa etc is not going to be used
bloke down the road from me has an ahu conversion that always flags up the vss is missing/implausable/etc, it dont affect the running or performance but its just starting to annoy him as we have got rid of all his other faults now
scudson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 20 at 22:55
Well it's been a while and I thought I would give an update on the conversion six years later. For five of those years I have been without the van here in Chile. Anyway.

Firstly the AHU had a stuck open exhaust valve in Portugal which was a bit of a bummer. RAC were awesome and repatriated the van for us using our European cover. Bonus. Fitted a AFN after that debacle.

Also with synchroandy's help sorted out the fuel gauge on the Passat instrument cluster.

Fabricated a scoop for the inter cooler to get the temps down. Works a charm.

Designed and fabricated a swivel cooking unit. That took some work. Wood work is to my forte.

Fitted a key fob for opening the doors remotely. Also fitted dead locks on all the doors after being ransacked in Barcelona. Everything that could be taken was. Luckily I still had a towel and flip flops.

Then last month finally fitted a cable gear change mechanism using a Porsche Boxter module. Looks and feels the business.

In neutral.

In second gear.

Any questions send them my way.

Cheers, scott.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12