The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which springs: Vogtland,CMC,or T4sRus?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddi Camel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which springs: Vogtland,CMC,or T4sRus?
    Posted: 04 Jun 14 at 18:20
OK opinion time please. For a late T4 SWB that's mostly unladen, but will have camping kit and bicycles every now & then.

I'm after some idea of which springs to go for - I've just fitted some Eibach which feel lovely - but they're just too high (just can't get into car parks). So I'm looking for something progressive and a resting altitude some 30 to 40mm below the Eibach.

If you've fitted the Vogtland tapered, CMC (-60's?) T4sRus -60's I'd be really interested in your experiences with them.

Has anyone tried the CMC "coilover" setup?

Air would be nice - but I've spent more than I should already.

Thanks
Abyss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abyss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 14 at 13:15
I have had the green CMC's and they coiled up in the middle and took the weight on the top and bottom tail only, rode ok, but i hated the way they compressed so much. So I wouldnt really recommend them. 

I have a friend who had the CMC coil overs, his van's behind jacked around like a roo, I followed him to wales and back and that was me put of the coil overs!

I bought and stuck with the eibachs, till i rose the van up for a different look. The eibachs were the best, I had previously had about 4 sets of springs, less than one a year, so the ride quality, stiffness, and longevity worked out for me. 

I hear the vogtlands are very good and ride quite like the eibachs,,but no personal experience Smile
Likewise with the T4srus, only hear, but I hear they are OK. So for me, a liccle pointless chart would be would be:

1. Eibach
2. Vogtland
3. T4sRus
99.CMC -60mm
1024. CMC coil overs

LOL
90 VW T3 Syncro Panel Stealth Camper

98 VW T4 Transporter 1200 LWB 2.4TD - Syncro wannabe
donecan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donecan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 14 at 21:26
H&R...had them on for 3 or 4 years now, seem pretty good, good sensible drop etc. Bought through the werks....
 Post Reply Post Reply