The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tyre profile size for 17's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying haggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tyre profile size for 17's
    Posted: 21 May 14 at 07:34
Hi all after a bit of help with my tyres,I've got set of merc 17's so was planing on putting 215's on but what profile would look ok,was looking at 55's but I notice a lot of you'd put different sizes on the front and back,has anyone put 60's on and is there any benefit of the different sizes.
The bus is a tin top ex panel van with an aaz conversion 4 speed DY gearbox code,which I think is a crap gearbox so maybe upping the profile would help the gear ratio a bit,any advice or a pic or to would be much appreciated
Cheers
Take a walk on the wild side
willowreilly View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willowreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 14 at 14:28
Hello I have 17” Rial nogaros on my t3. They are 17 x 8 et 40. Ive 10mm spacers on the front so the ET is now back to 30. On the rear there is 20mm spacers so et is now 20.

I have fitted 215 60 R17 commercial tyres to them. I’m 90% sure that’s the correct tyre size, Ill check and edit if wrong.

The Van is lowered 50mm on Avo springs and bilstein shock absorbers. The overall rolling diameter is slightly bigger than the standard 14” alloys and tyres so this throws out the speedo ever so slightly. I reckon its reading 5 kph slower. I suppose as a result, I’ve a larger Final drive so my engine revs would be lower. The ride is not harsh at all, very happy with it to be honest. 

Post Reply Post Reply