The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Atlantic window refurb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zok27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atlantic window refurb
    Posted: 18 Mar 14 at 21:09
Hi good people,
I'm looking to take some of the accumulation of scratches out of my windows (plexiglass double glazed type).
I can't find anything on the forum about doing this, but would a polishing mop and some farecla G10 (fine polish) do the trick?
If that's too aggressive any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul.
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 14 at 21:17
I used tcut and Brasso.

We used to use Brasso years ago to polish scratches out of perspex... same principle.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 14 at 21:20
before and after

Edited by Tee3 - 18 Mar 14 at 21:21

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

youthy giblets View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youthy giblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 14 at 21:41
Looks like a good method! Did u just do it by hand out of the cotton wool soaked brasso or the liquid brasso and use cloths?
zok27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zok27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 14 at 21:42
Thanks Tee3.

I'll try and get some Brasso, mind you I can't remember the last time I saw a can of that in the hardware shop!
They probably still make though.
Thanks again
Paul
JonnyAtlantic View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyAtlantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 14 at 22:04
I used autoglym paint restorer on mine. Pretty much the same t-cut but a bit gentler I think. Brasso sounds good though as I have also used on other plastics. I also use autoglym car wax on mine afterwards too to polish up and leave a protective coat on them.
1990 Westfalia Atlantic 1.6TD - Pop Top
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 14 at 08:28
I used the liquid stuff with a polishing cloth.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

zok27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zok27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 14 at 20:26
I have been using a silicon spray to help keep the windows clean and help make the water run off. It works quite well though it doesn't take out scratches.

Cheers
Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply