The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'94 audi 80 tdi 1z immobilizer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easy-does-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '94 audi 80 tdi 1z immobilizer
    Posted: 10 Mar 14 at 19:17
 Hi guy's, 
     wondering if anyone has come across the pre key and transponder immobilizer on the audi 80?.

Im using the majority of the cars loom in my bay window build and didnt realize there was an immobilizer running through the central locking system. As i wasnt planning on using it i left it all in the car and even though ive managed to get the schematics im still none the wiser.. 

Anyone know how you bypass it?

cheers Confused

.76 Baywindow ..was EJ20T , now going superfly Tdi
light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 14 at 12:20
adyjoad View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adyjoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 14 at 18:56
If you get stuck my mate is breaking an audi 80 at the moment.
easy-does-it View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easy-does-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 14 at 19:21
 Cheers guys, im pretty sure the answer is in here somewhere.

Opening the doors completes the link ,only ive stared at it so long it's just spaghetti ..

It's gonna be simple..............just not as simple as me..

If all else fails i maybe in touch ady, i need to get it on the road..
syncroandy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 14 at 09:33
If you don't want an immo, the simplest solution may be just to use a 68-pin 1Z ECU with no immo function. If the Audi ECU has the external atmospheric pressure transducer, then the very 1st. gen. Mk3 Golf 1Z ECU should be compatible eg. 028 906 021 C. Check the pinouts are the same, though they should be.
'90 252 EJ25
'90 246 AFN

Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.
T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 14 at 20:00

andy would an m reg passat tdi 1z have the immo. i know they are not linked to the clocks in that way as i had it running without the clocks plugged in.

WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
syncroandy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 14 at 22:01
Chris, the coil round the ignition barrel is the quick way to check. I don't know offhand if an M-reg had immo as standard, if it did, it'd be the little box type (Siemens).
'90 252 EJ25
'90 246 AFN

Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.
easy-does-it View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easy-does-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 14 at 10:02
 Cheers Andy, i've been thinking as i was to use mk3 stalks and light switch i might as well use an entire mk3 loom ... 

Although while back tracking yesterday i came across this.

relay 8 is the starter ( which obviously wasnt getting juice when you turned the key). I connected H50w to earth and it turned over.... but looking at this..

H50w links round to N glow plugs... so im guessing it should be live?...
 Post Reply Post Reply