The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 Back to standard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fragilecolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 Back to standard
    Posted: 07 Mar 14 at 20:25
Sorry for my absence over the past few months, work is hectic and I have hardly looked at my poor bus on the drive!

Ok, expecting to get shot down for not finding the correct thread but...(I have looked honest!)
I have BMW alloys, not happy with them, I hankered after banded alloys, researched on here and decided against it and am now fed up, I want to go for a standard look, I saw a van on steels with subtle painted hubs and it looked lovely, I can also make sure everything like camber and tracking is bob on...
trouble is, all I can find are "steels will fit" or "steels will suit"
I want original T3 steels, were there different types?
Any help appreciated
On bended knee is no way to be free.
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 14 at 23:04
IIRC there were two types of T3 steels in stock 14" form...

syncros had slightly wider rims and everything else left the factory in normal steels.

I have four stock steelies with good tyres on from the pickup - sold the hubcaps but the steelies are doing nowt at the moment..  and near you too

always thought they looked alright painted black with a hubcap.

16" syncro steelies are available through simon at a reasonable price http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php/mefro-steel-wheel-6jx16-et30-5-112.html

and mefro 15" steelies as well http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php/mefro-steel-wheel-6jx15-et30-5-112.html
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 14 at 08:23
just have to check for tapered nuts and bolts and then extended threads on the rear drums to go back to normal stock
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
fragilecolin View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fragilecolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 14 at 09:21
Thanks guys, I am pretty sure I have the original wheel bolts in one of those "I will put it here in this tub so I won't lose it" (where IS that tub??)
Do you have a figure in mind for your steels Mr Hutch?
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 14 at 13:40
I'll check the tyres out when I am up unit tonight - IIRC they are all good, how does £60 sound?
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fragilecolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 14 at 19:53
Sorry for the delay in responding, having a rather crappy week! Sewage in dildo, plumbers f##king off half way through a job, insurance companies and a funeral....eurghhh.
I am, however, interested in the wheels, have you assessed the tyres?
Cheers
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 14 at 19:55
sewage in the dildo, never a good idea chap.

will check them out tomorrow evening
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fragilecolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 14 at 20:03
Eh!!?? What happened there then? Dildo pixies causing trouble?
 Post Reply Post Reply