The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tailgate perspex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 14 at 18:33
Originally posted by JonnyAtlantic JonnyAtlantic wrote:

I'm obviously quite pissed off if I just got overcharged £50!

"Overcharged"? International couriers, even within the EU, _do_ cost more than national ones. I'm sure they're merely passing on the cost they're incurring.
Adrian & Ellie
Zookeeper of a miscellany of motoring silliness, from 0.75bhp to 9ft tall.
Living life on the road in an '88 2.1 Club Joker Hightop.
http://WhereverTheRoadGoes.com
JonnyAtlantic View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyAtlantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 14 at 18:57
I'm quite happy to pay the extra for international postage. But obviously if the next person who ordered from them gets charged a different rate for the same item to be posted internationally, it seems a little unfair.

I'm happy if Lloydy gets it cheaper. His bill from MM ain't going to be small! He needs all the cash he can get his hands on!
1990 Westfalia Atlantic 1.6TD - Pop Top
lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 14 at 19:09
he he very true!
16" syncro multivan
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 14 at 21:47
That reminds me....bill...
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 14 at 22:42
Not implying lloydy hasn't paid one! ...it's more I haven't sent one yet.

Just incase...

Can't be too careful..

DaveyP2004 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveyP2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 14 at 07:12
Originally posted by AdrianC AdrianC wrote:

We claimed for our hightop front double-glazed window the other year - it was actually legit, since a pigeon head-butted it at 60+mph... We ordered the window itself from Gunzl, and got a local 'screen fitter to fit it. The insurance were happy with that, and paid us back for both, including the delivery from Gunzl - less, of course, the excess.

Hi Adrian,
Just curious - was this from the windscreen insurance or your main insurance ie: did you lose your no claims.
Cheers,
Dave
AdrianC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 14 at 09:01
Originally posted by DaveyP2004 DaveyP2004 wrote:

Originally posted by AdrianC AdrianC wrote:

We claimed for our hightop front double-glazed window the other year - it was actually legit, since a pigeon head-butted it at 60+mph... We ordered the window itself from Gunzl, and got a local 'screen fitter to fit it. The insurance were happy with that, and paid us back for both, including the delivery from Gunzl - less, of course, the excess.

Hi Adrian,
Just curious - was this from the windscreen insurance or your main insurance ie: did you lose your no claims.

Windscreen cover from our main insurer. £100 excess, IIRC, and no loss of NCB.

I've had a couple of 'screens from them in the past, and - again - no loss of NCB.
Adrian & Ellie
Zookeeper of a miscellany of motoring silliness, from 0.75bhp to 9ft tall.
Living life on the road in an '88 2.1 Club Joker Hightop.
http://WhereverTheRoadGoes.com
Jim D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 15 at 17:24
Hi,

sorry to post on an old thread, its just that I need one of these very windows.

With regards to going down the insurance route, was there an issue with the window itself. i.e. a massive crack down the middle etc. or just cracking around the edge.

On my rear window, the inner screen is buckled a bit and there is some cracking around the edges.

what did you do when contacting the insurance and did they agree to pay for the new window before you ordered it.

I've never claimed on anything like this before so don't really know.

Thanks

James
irishkeet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 15 at 20:11
one on uk ebay at the mo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12