The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to stop an LT getting stuck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafollos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 20 at 22:20
Anybody figured something out? I have been looking for quite some time for some sort of a solution, but i’m not an engineer and still didn’t figure a mechanism of some sort out.

Honestly, I love this car more than myself, but getting stuck i wet grass and having to get out and lower the tyre pressure is killing me sometimes... Plus I’m already doing extreme off-road for this car, and it manages all right, but there are places I would love to go, and simply can’t.

Aaaaand I can’t afford a 4x4 LT yet. :(

SteveSt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 20 at 22:23
Snow chains
LT31 1991 2.4 TD Florida Westphalia • Honda ST1100 • Ford Tourneo Connect
rafollos View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafollos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 20 at 12:32
Have that, yeah they work on some occasions, but still it’s a hassle.

What about fitting a whole new axle? Which vehicle axle would fit? A user here suggested Dana axles, but what about diff and matching it to the cardan?

What i’ve been more interested in was o fabricate or retrofit a diff lock. Basically to implement the locker into the diff cogs and install a new cover plate, custom made.

But, is it possible? What do you guys think?
Unfortunately it’s hard for me to comprehend how to stop and which cog to stop in the mechanism in order to fully lock both wheels.
rafollos View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafollos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 20 at 13:22
Alternatively, rubbers change.

I have BF Goodrich AT on all 4wheels, they greatly improved traction, but mud is just horrible, wet grass jams the tyre thread too.

I’ve been thinking about BF’s new Mud Terrain Tyres, but since the front of my AT’s are still in great shape, i’d change only the rear ones. Supposedly they act so much better in mud and rocky terrains.

Anybody experienced with that? I know that these wear faster than AT and might be louder, but I care more about the grip.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234