The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UN7 Gearbox conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UN7 Gearbox conversion
    Posted: 22 Nov 13 at 22:09
I have finally managed to get my syncro on the ramp to get it ready for the expected bad weather this winter.
Much more work needed that expected.
Lots of welding, new fuel tank straps needed and a possible upgrade to tdi with the Renaul t UN7 transaxle and diff that I have wanted to fit into my bus for quite a few years now.

For those who have not seen the Renaul t 21 Quadra transaxle and diff I enclose a couple of photos.

Syncro box along side of the UN7

The Diff unit

The diff lock

The diesel T3 to Ren ault gearbox adaptor plate

Prop shaft end of gearbox
Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
VW Nerd View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 13 at 22:25
The main body of the gear box is exactly the same as the UN1 with a longer fatter nose for the prop shaft end.
Once I have attached the adaptor plate and bell housing I will be able to offer the engine and gearbox up into the van and see how much or little space is available for the front end of the gearbox.

Gear ratios are not ideal for low speed off road use, so this set up will not suit all. 7mph at 1000rpm on 215/65 R16. 71.2mph aT300rpm.
Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
 Post Reply Post Reply