The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1.9 PD Westfalia Atlantic with flipped Passat box
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.9 PD Westfalia Atlantic with flipped Passat box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 15 at 09:15
The cable shift with Porsche linkage works a treat. So all sorted now.

Wink
Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
Kent Joker View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 16 at 22:22
Well yet another year rolls by, and still performing well, over 20.000miles since build and no complaints, passed its MOT today so all good.
Keith

1990 PD TDI Westy Atlantic
fufflenarnia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 16 at 19:38
It is one hell of an engine, just doesn't stop pulling.

Mine was a little too powerful for hightop with standard suspension and big wheels - it was too quick for corners!

Yours was spot on in a low top with lowered suspension etc.....
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 16 at 21:33
Thanks Steve, you do forget the size and weight with good brakes and sorted suspention, I tend to drive it like a modern hot hatch.
Keith

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 17 at 17:27
Just back from Busfest 2017, yet another 12 months rolls by, managed a couple of European trips this year, had to replace a couple of CV joints but still going strong, flipped box has been spot on.
Going to try to get to Grill & Chill and Brighton Breeze.
Keith

andy1300gt View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1300gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 17 at 22:25
We still never got to the price.....
It's all rust in the end....

89 T3 Doka - AFN TDI
76 XJC 4.2 Daimler - Gone!
72 Austin 1300
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 17 at 15:58
Hi Andy,
 did you ever speak to Mario?
Keith

scoody View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 17 at 22:54
I am tempted to fitting the Audi hydromounts on my flipped box setup, the Germans seem to do this on their conversions sometimes. Has anybody tried it and got some opinions on it? I was thinking of getting the parts drawn up and lazer cut if it works. Has anyone come up with a definitive answer to the oil blowing problems I was thinking of fitting the neat plastic crankcase breathers that allow oil to run back to a low pressure part of the box. I rescued a few from the skip as they are fitted to the 256 Steyr marine engines we rebuild at work. Any ideas from experience out there as to maybe a better place I can vent the casing than the old oil drain? Has anybody had problems with the oil capacity upside down and is it worth me engineering something to address this? I had a business doing 4x4 transmissions and the crunchy gear thing sounds like the oil might be getting overworked, MT75 oil in some of the old R380 Land Rover boxes helped a lot rather than using ATF. A lot of questions but I don't want to fit everything and wish I had just put a taller final drive in the old bus 5 speed. 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 17 at 21:04
Mine has very little vibration but because I have a modern diesel it's hard to really tell how much is down to the mounts.
I've never had any gear box oil issues but mine was sorted before I collected it.

Edited by Kent Joker - 18 Oct 17 at 22:04
Keith

gkoshra View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkoshra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 18 at 16:20
This is an excellent thread, thank you for keeping us up to date year by year. I have a 1.7 KY engine in mine and _really_ want to change it for something more powerful but with decent MPG.
T325Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T325Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 19 at 16:48
love the idea of putting this set up in my T3 hightop has a kit been done for this? I know there is for a AFN engine with flipped gearbox from Ultimate engineering which is fantastic the only down side is getting a donor car as there’s not many around now 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123