The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - '55 174 Caravelle Auto - B@stard Limp Home Mode .
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'55 174 Caravelle Auto - B@stard Limp Home Mode .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greggers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 13 at 16:58
Be gentle - I'm a lurker coming out ...
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 13 at 21:24
The blue one can only use very old software (409.) it's not a genuine cable (No free lifetime updates or support) and it probably won't be able to do much more than simply read codes and a few other things unreliably.
The black one looks more like the real thing. I don't know what rules Ross-Tech has for genuine but second hand cables. I don't think they will care less as long as someone paid for it in the first place. I'd ask the guy to send you a complete scan of any car he has scanned and email Ross-tech with it to check it's genuine. If it is genuine he should be happy to do this.  Smile
2004 2.5 174
Greggers View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greggers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 14 at 17:54

Just a quick update on this one...

When I got back from hols I went to see my man who wasn't too impressed with my efforts to resolve the issue.   What eventually transpired was me taking the wire off the actuating rod and .....  no more problem.  It was bloody odd that for so long I'd been plagued by this thing, but 'just like that; it's gone...  I can only assume that the Innotek did its stuff and the turbo is back to normal. It's dropped into LHM a couple of times on really cold mornings but other than that has behaved impeccably.

More than can be said for the gearbox though ....

Muchos

Greg

Be gentle - I'm a lurker coming out ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12