The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passenger door lock problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 18 at 20:42
Does it still work the same as the original delfhill?  I only ask because I read a couple of posts where people were saying the new ebay locks worked strangely.  I have a theory that this is because the ebay locks are set to factory codings and when fitted to a van were the options have previously been changed they don't quite understand their new home!    

Assuming your new lock works ok can you check if you have the 'one press unlocks all locks' option or does one press open the drivers door only?  (Two presses to open all doors).     
2004 2.5 174
Delfhill View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delfhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 18 at 21:11
It seems to work exactly as the original. I never had the "one press unlocks all doors"option, it has always been one press opens the drivers door, second press opens all doors. The construction of the lock appears identical to the original except there is no VW logo on. It is guaranteed for one year so hopefully it will be decent quality.
4Motion 130 window van, medium roof, camper conversion.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 18 at 22:56
Thanks.  I'll see how mine works when/if I need to replace it.
2004 2.5 174
Reefbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 18 at 22:13
Hi, I’ve just fitted one of these eBay locks. It was a bit tricky. I thought I would try it before fitting the door card. Big mistake as now the lock has jammed shut and I can’t open the door (Drivers side). I would be really grateful for any advice on how to open the door. The actuator is responding to the remote but the lock will not open. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation of someone knowing how to get me out of this mess.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 18 at 22:31
Hi Reef, do you have a key slot in the handle on your van?  If so try that.  Otherwise try slapping the door in the lock area with a palm as you operate the fob repeatedly.       
2004 2.5 174
Reefbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 18 at 03:31
Hi, thanks for the ideas but still no joy. It’s as if the actual teeth will not release the door, even though the central locking system unlocks. When I pull the cables to open the door nothing happens.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 18 at 08:53
It sounds like the lock is in the double locked position so the inner handle won't ever open it.  It will move but it won't release the lock.  You can only to open it either via the key or remote.  Have you tried the key?

You could try taking the battery lead off for 15 mins.  I don't suppose you can get at all the bolts to get  the metal panel off again?  

If none of these things works the only thing I can think of is to get someone with VCDS diagnostics to enable the anti-hijack function and make sure to also tick the box that says 'Open Doors On Key Removal'.  If the fault is mechanical and within the lock it won't work, but there is a small possibility if it's electrical that a different signal to the lock (from the ignition switch) might do it.

One final question.  Do your locks normally all open with one press of the remote?  Or like delhill's post above?

Edited by T5 TDI - 10 Aug 18 at 08:57
2004 2.5 174
Reefbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 18 at 21:55
Hi T5,
I’ve managed to figure out the problem in that I had over compensated with the link on the out handle. This was stopping the lock properly resetting. I managed to get the inner oval off and get my hand in to pull the mechanism back. This was more luck than judgement. I’ve now reset it and it works fine (I got lucky me thinks). It was very awkward working in that area. Thanks for all your advice. Onto the next problem now in that the dreaded yellow triangle light has appeared on the dash and the diagnostics test doesn’t recognise a proper fault. The air con has also packed in and seems to be leaking. It’s turning out to be one of those summers!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12