The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stolen Van Spotting.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tallwallfitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stolen Van Spotting.
    Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 19:50
Hi guys. Theres a lot of it about...... nicking vans that is. Just a thought, We must cover thousands of miles between us and who better to look out for a van than the people who van spot anyway. If you see a van being towed or on a trailer, if you can, take a few photos and post them up. It might mean the difference between someone getting their bus back before it gets stripped for parts.
nick1973 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
click, click, BUY!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 13 at 10:57
Ive seen alot of vans on AA trailers do they count :)

Ive just fitted a chepo tracker to my van great bit of kit works using google maps cheap as chips from ebay and worth the piece of mind
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 13 at 23:50
Been looking at these to keep an eye on my minions!

What one did you fit and were did you get it.

I know one of my wagons seems to be doing taxi mileage, been seen out and about by a few contacts, I suspect doing Pizza delivery.

Might have to order in Pizza to the neighbours and see who delivers?

If I find this out he will be down the road faster than Usan Bolt with no wages.

Do you use a sim card to track it etc?

Keep getting companies trying to flog me a system £ 100 per vehicle a month plus plus and all that crap.

I was paying that when I worked in a large firm in the 90's.
nick1973 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
click, click, BUY!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 13 at 14:35
£30 from ebay then stick a pay as you go sim card in with with some credit on it credits lasts as long as you want depends how offend you ask the tracker for information
Paul Van Denton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Van Denton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 13 at 15:57
got an ebay link to which one you bought?
sportwomble View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sportwomble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 13 at 21:39
 May well be wrong but worth you checking, if you track the van then you need to notify the driver which in your case may not let you catch your minion, if you don't notify the driver and then use the info to sack him you may end up in more dodo. We use trackers at work and they are easily cheated when you know a few tricks, so I am told.
Do like the idea of a cheap system with paygo sim
ebay link would be good
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 13 at 23:01
https://www.facebook.com/groups/120903171434150/

maybe of interest to you. spread the community to the masses.
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
StvC View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StvC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 13 at 10:19
Originally posted by sportwomble sportwomble wrote:

May well be wrong but worth you checking, if you track the van then you need to notify the driver which in your case may not let you catch your minion, if you don't notify the driver and then use the info to sack him you may end up in more dodo.
God I hate the fucking world!!
Die Deutsche Doppelkabine ist sehr gut. 150bhp planned
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 13 at 10:59
Very simple, personal mileage must be paid for and only for the employee and not family and friends on board.

Others declare their mileage and pay, this one doesn't, claims no personal mileage.

On the evidence of sightings of the van out of hours at Tesco, ASDA, Mc Donald's, gym would be grounds for fraud and dismissal. I have photos but would love to know just how many?
 Post Reply Post Reply