The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NSU RO80 WHEELS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLOCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NSU RO80 WHEELS
    Posted: 06 Apr 13 at 19:20
Just got myself some NSU RO80 wheels to fit to my T3 just wondered if anyone had any experience with these as to what thickness adaptors i need to run and what size wheel studs  cheers stuart Smile
Dad with a van View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dad with a van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 13 at 19:24
Now there can't be many of these wheels about. Do they wear the tips out?
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 13 at 19:32
What's the et and width?
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

PLOCH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLOCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 13 at 19:43
will get all the sizes off the wheeles tomorrow when clean them up cheers stuart
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 13 at 20:43
Alloys?....steels are a load of wankel..
orcecaveman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orcecaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 13 at 21:51
Originally posted by Dad with a van Dad with a van wrote:

Now there can't be many of these wheels about. Do they wear the tips out?

I got it. but there are going to be loads of younguns that dont. Clap

Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 13 at 22:46
Nice wheels, but keeping em clean is a right nsusance

Ermm

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 13 at 23:07

from what i remember they are high offset porsche type wheels, a 3 sets a while back..
 wish i had some more!!! sold quick.

et 46 or 48 from what i can remember.. (been working in the garden all day so tired....Sleepy

as they are narrow you could get away with 20mm porsche adaptors.

will look small on a t3.. but the standard van tyres should fit fine as they are only 5.0" or 5.5" wide i think.

please dont go sticking tiny tires on them...  looks even more silly on a t3

205 70 14 would work fine on them too

WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
PLOCH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLOCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 13 at 16:35
just checked the wheels they are 5j x14 only manged to find 2 wheels so far hopefully the other 2 are in the pile some where thanks for all your help
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 14 at 01:37
you wouldnt believe this but....... i have 2 of the very same wheels....... and i am in scotland! just noticed it was a year ago!Confused

Edited by mcgill5 - 26 May 14 at 01:39
RichardF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 14 at 13:59
I have Ro80 alloy wheels - on my Ro80Smile

I had new tubeless tyres fitted when I rebuilt the car (Michelin Energie XH1, 175/80R 14 88H)

The car had tubeless tyres originally, but the fitters were unable to get the new tyres to seal properly on the rims, even after cleaning the sealing surfaces on the rims.

Eventually they sealed them with some sort of mastic, which seemed to do the job, although I was not too happy about it, as they still lost pressure very slowly.

A couple of years later, in Spain, I got a nail in one tyre, and after repairing it the tyre, once again, it would not seal.

The Spanish fitters pointed out that the rims have retaining humps for the inside of the tyre wall for the outside tyrewall only, and suggested that this was the problem, so I agreed to them fitting tubes for all the wheels, even though the rims are designed for tubeless tyres.

The rims are standard for that era, I guess it was considered that a hump on the outside only was sufficient to retain the tyre when cornering hard.

I am now wondering if the new tyres do not match the bead or hump profiles of the rims, as there are several different hump profiles, although they are marked as 5J 14, J being the normal current bead profile.

I have heard that standard tubes should not be fitted in tubeless tyres, as they can overheat, but that special tubes are avauilable.

max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 14 at 22:30
Right....
Burnerbamb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burnerbamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 14 at 15:15
Originally posted by max and caddy max and caddy wrote:

Right....

Hahaha!!
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 14 at 23:48
still have 2 of these!
AndyVan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
BCS Capt'n.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyVan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 14 at 15:16
Thought RO80s were the equivalent of the old VW wide 5s (early beetle n split) etc...or am I just waffling on.as per!! Big smile

Edited by AndyVan - 15 Aug 14 at 15:17
BCS Gaffer and Volkswagen restoring bloke
RichardF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 16 at 13:22
It's a bit late to reply, but I sold the Ro80 recently Cry (to a collector in Japan!), and while checking out all the specs I discovered that the alloy wheels are designed for tyres with tubes, so we did the correct thing when we fitted tubes Wink

So the tubeless tyre which were fitted when I bought it were incorrect.
 Post Reply Post Reply