The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canty's Caddy Camper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canty25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canty's Caddy Camper
    Posted: 16 Mar 13 at 23:10
Got me a new whip.

this is my Daily / Weekend (Show) Camper.

Caddy 2K, diesel, silver.

DSG
80,000 on the clock
coilovers
Turbines

and best of all, a mini camper.
Full custom handmade install with Waeco compressor (beer) fridge, Smev Sink/Hob, plenty of storage, bed/seat, great little setup for shows and it's small enough to use as my daily. Only ever seen a couple of Caddy's done like this, so real happy with it, just a shame i'm a bit large for the bed haha!

Trained eye may see it's had a bit of paint.

Plans.

Blue Vinyl Roof. Off. it's gash.
change of rims, not into them so much.
wind the coilovers down a bit.
split charge relay.
possible addition of another leisure battery
sound system (pretty big mods)
new front seats (standard van ones suck, preferably 3 door fronts for ease to flick forward to get the bed out easier).

eventually looking at Touran front.

what ya think?

1990 TinTop T3, 1989 MK2 Golf, Bora TDi
Fun Lovin Flat 4's V-Dub Club
Dubshire
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 13 at 23:51
I like it...is the paint a massive mismatch in the center tho?
Canty25 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canty25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 13 at 23:53
yeh, had a bit of a scrape so they got the whole side painted. i'm not overly bothered, but crazy how noticable it is in the right light!
Dubshire
D&D View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
"deuce"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 13 at 08:41

its cool as
Carthago 32.1 T4 LWB
BY Golden Nut Winner
Chug & Tug Team Member
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 13 at 08:57
I like that!!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Vdub_heaven View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vdub_heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 13 at 10:27
Sweet!
VW Galaxy 130 in black
220k t4 800 special just died!!RIP
Proud owner of an 05 T30 lwb 130 in a whiter shade of grey!!
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 13 at 20:38
Nice one Tom
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
1.8T Conversion sat on an engine stand waiting for spare time.
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 13 at 18:21
Ive left my light on Thumbs Up
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
Canty25 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canty25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 13 at 20:26
So, bit of an update!

spent yesterday up at Dubshire Works sorting a couple of bits.

1. Getting the vinyl off the roof

2. More Lows

So off came the vinyl, right shitter of a job. after a while we decided it would work quicker in the sunlight. it did! looks at least a thousand times better!

then got to the lowering,

didnt get pictures of the process and mods (may have been useful for others, whoops!)

started on the rear, they come with brackets (shaaccckkkllleeess) attached to the leaf spring with 4 different sets of holes for different heights, each hole lowers about half a mm, useless.

so custom jobby of drilling holes further up on the brackets!

so this was done with pure precision, put back together and lowered it was! but only by half an inch. realised they were jammed on the bump stops, so we had to hack the already chopped ones.

Then front coilovers only had about an inch left on the thread, so they're now all the way to the bottom, again, surprised at how low it isn't despite this.

so without flipping the axle, much easier job, not slammed, but it's at a really nice height for it's practicality being a camper, but just closed up the arch gap a bit and it looks crackin!

so again, many thanks to the boys at Dubshire Works, lot of effort gone in, really appreciate it.

some snaps.

next part of the plan is a good thrashing with a polisher, gonna give it a detail this week ready for Early Edition! First time i've had a car at a show for over a year!

Dubshire
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 13 at 23:34
Id say thats plenty low enough LOL
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
surf dude View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surf dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 13 at 20:17
I really really like that, looked at a Caddy before I bought the last Golf, but was a bit worried about the whole insurance thing. How long is the bed when it's out?
Too many projects..... Not enough time!
Canty25 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canty25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 13 at 21:35
Thanks! Insurance isnt too bad, got it on a camper policy, slightly cheaper than my Bora TDi sport, which i wrote off and lost 2 years no claims, so not so bad!

The bed is about 6ft max, i've never actually checked! Im 6'1, and its no problem for me. The front seats have to go forward too, and my bed has an angled front and sits against the back of the centre console.

I know the loading area in the rear is 6ft if thats any use!
Dubshire
surf dude View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surf dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 13 at 22:00
Nice one, thanks for the info.
Too many projects..... Not enough time!
 Post Reply Post Reply