The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

red hot exhaust manifold - lt40 2.4 petrol/lpg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 18 at 08:18
Originally posted by nooberdoober nooberdoober wrote:

I feel you man, life doesnt pause for you just cos your LT isn't doing what it should. Did you find what you were looking for?

Hi mate, that's the problem it doesn't and I haven't the time at the moment to invest in it hence asking the question......

I've just reset it back to what it has been at for the last god knows how many years and i'll investigate later...
1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
nooberdoober View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooberdoober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 18 at 14:53
Next up for me is to try and get the LPG running sweetly and try to balance this with the settings as they are for petrol.

I got it running this morning. It certainly didn't like my TDC firing point. A tweak of the dizzy to bring on a few degrees of advance got it running on idle but I'd love some advice on tuning it up. I understand that with these single point non ecu systems, the firing point has to be a compromise between how it runs on petrol and LPG.

I've got an understanding of the way to go about it but I know some of you have way more experience with getting it running as it should.

I've got an OMVL vaporiser which has the standard two knobs. Idle Screw which allows a small amount of gas through to service the vehicle at tick-over and then a diaphragm sensitivity screw to control how easily gas can be drawn from the vaporiser into the carb dependant on how much air you are drawing. Then, between the vaporiser and the carb is a y branch, and on each branch of the y (one for each venturi) there is another screw down valve to control how much gas is let through when you are gunning it. 

I got me a 2.4 straight Six......and it's a soundin JUICY!

1984 LT40 2.4 petrol Coachbuilt Autotrail Motorhome
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 18 at 09:35
This is a total off the top of my head comment without much thought.........Have you thought about converting it to fuel injection?...........
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooberdoober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 18 at 09:06
I'd love to if I could find the right kit. I know the guy down south that breaks LT s has one that was factory fitted with an injection set up.

My carb is filling up with fuel around the second stage throttle fuel pumping lever. No idea what to do. Perhaps the gasket is knackered.

Fuel injection sounds amazing.

robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 18 at 12:10
Originally posted by nooberdoober nooberdoober wrote:

I'd love to if I could find the right kit. I know the guy down south that breaks LT s has one that was factory fitted with an injection set up.

My carb is filling up with fuel around the second stage throttle fuel pumping lever. No idea what to do. Perhaps the gasket is knackered.

Fuel injection sounds amazing.

Then buy the manifolds, throttle bodies and injectors then get something like a Megasuirt ECU that's fully mapp'able so you can adjust to suit.....

Edited by robbydoo - 22 Jun 18 at 12:11
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooberdoober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 18 at 14:16
Ive just had the carb apart. The intake float it flooding cos the needle valve spring isn't functioning properly. It's not stopping the fuel when it's at tickover.

Pete will never sell his injection set up. That's his LT.

Not sure where else to look.

Only option I can think of is to get the gas running for now.

Edited by nooberdoober - 22 Jun 18 at 14:50

LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 18 at 12:21
http://www.vergasermanni.de/

I just found out about this last night; fortuitous.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooberdoober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 18 at 20:56
Thanks LTcamper89 Perhaps ill give him a shout. For now I've got the gas running and it seems to run very nicely. My valve saver fluid gets installed this week sometime too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910