The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Side window installation - Scotland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinyweeallan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Side window installation - Scotland
    Posted: 16 Jan 13 at 20:33
Hi,

first post and bit of a long shot I think, but here goes.

Looking for a company to install side window in the side door of our LWB T5 who is based in the NE of Scotland (Aberdeenshire).

We have asked a couple of vehicle body/coach builders / body shop type places and no one is interested or willing to do it. So can anyone recommend someone? Quite happy to drive an hour or so to get the work done, so Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire would be best, but would be able to get to the central belt if required.

Any advice appreciated on actual companies or type of companies to try,

Cheers,
Tinywee
zedzedeleven View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zedzedeleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 13 at 19:20
Not got a solution but I had quite a struggle to find someone to cut mine in and fit the glass. In the end I bought the kit off a firm in Cornwall and got a firm in Chorley to do it. Some of the guys on here have done their own, the kit I bought came with instructions, template glue etc.  I am well aware of my limitations with sharp knives and saws, " I`ve cut it twice and it`s still too short" , that`s me, but you may be able to do your own? How hard can it be!
1.9 85ps swb 2004 in friesan green.

bring me sunshine.
Mr Hedgehog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 13 at 20:32
Just pace yourself and you'll be able to fit it on your own
Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
Tinyweeallan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinyweeallan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 13 at 21:25
Thanks for the replies guys - I'm off to see a couple of a couple of garage/body repair places tomorrow.

Mr Hedgehog, I know the limits of my incompetence! Big smile

I'm happy to do some work, but there is something about cutting a hole in the side of my van which really doesn't appeal!

Cheers,
Tinywee
 Post Reply Post Reply