The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

jx / aaz power steering pump ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jx / aaz power steering pump ?
    Posted: 14 Jan 13 at 11:28
hi guys trying to help a guy out that has been badly treated in the scene.

his engine has been " taken " complete. so i`ve had a std jx and fitted that. the power steering pump does not line up and we suspect that the van may have had a aaz in it originally and therefor we have the aaz ps pump.

has anyone used a aaz ps pump on a jx and what was needed to line the pullys up

cheers lee
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 13 at 21:01
Taken? If your want to use a AAz pump I would expect you will need all the mounting bracket,from a AAz to go with it, alty, bracket, and pump bracket lower part, also pulleys and micro v belt.

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 13 at 21:09
Can't go messing around anymore it has to go as close as possible to Jx std. So unless some sort of addition can be fabbed to drive the pump in it place I'll be needing a Jx pump set up.

Cheers Lee
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
danstervan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 13 at 21:16
I have a twin V belt crank pulley here that came off a T3 with a 1.6 NA diesel CS code engine if it is any use. Also have the water pump and the shimmed water pump pulley too.
I have never seen a PAS setup on a T3 so no idea what they use but the twin V crank pulley suggests it may be for that application.

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 13 at 21:22
We have the twin crank pulley but the aaz pump sits approx 40mm further out again it may work if we used the air con pulley spaced out but I've not really got the time to do any development on this van. Just need it together and back to the guy as cheap and quickly as possible.

Why do I take these jobs on ????
 Post Reply Post Reply