The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

newbie syncro question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bounce-rentals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: newbie syncro question
    Posted: 07 Jan 13 at 09:58
hello,

i have my eye on a syncro and wondered a couple of things.

this is a panel van, and in the photos i can't see the diff lock knobs in the front, do all syncro's have the knobs in the front. ?

This bus is over in germany and i want to go over fully armed with all info i can get. i have read on here that other than rust the big issue to check is the viscose coupling for the 4wd. how can i check that? 

any other hints and tips much appreciated.

cheers paul 07837664009
woolie
www.wooliesworkshop.com
Est 1991
orcecaveman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orcecaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 13 at 11:29
One knob if its just got the rear locker or two knobs if it has the front locker as well. No knobs, no diff locks. Check that they work. Check that the VC works correctly. Check that the additional bars and engine protection are in place. Make sure alll tyres have even wear. Have you got a link to the advert? PM me if you prefer. 

Edited by Devon.Dave - 26 Feb 13 at 12:24

bounce-rentals View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bounce-rentals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 13 at 11:46
thanks devon dave, i appreciate it. pm heading your way.

woolie
www.wooliesworkshop.com
Est 1991
Cliffbase View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
''We fuck like monkeys, yes?''

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliffbase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 13 at 11:09
Good luck, Syncros are the best!
Chances are the VC will be tight, this will show up on tight cornering & when sterring near full lock. Dont try to force it. The chances of it being free and easy are slim. They can be replaced, but can also be lived with. If you are feeling flush you could fit a de-coupler, its what i did and makes the van very easy to drive and arguable saves some fuel (switchable from 2 to 4 wheel drive.) the gubbins to do it are already on your van, ill try to dig out my very old thread which i did when i did mine.

cliff.
The bigger the Orange, the bigger the peel.
Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Baxters Chocolate Star Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 13 at 13:36
Originally posted by Cliffbase Cliffbase wrote:

Good luck, Syncros are the best!
Chances are the VC will be tight, this will show up on tight cornering & when sterring near full lock. Dont try to force it. The chances of it being free and easy are slim. They can be replaced, but can also be lived with. If you are feeling flush you could fit a de-coupler, its what i did and makes the van very easy to drive and arguable saves some fuel (switchable from 2 to 4 wheel drive.) the gubbins to do it are already on your van, ill try to dig out my very old thread which i did when i did mine.

cliff.
Cliff can you post link here if you find it please?

Cliffbase View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliffbase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 13 at 22:31
sadly i think its gone! was a few years ago but had a thread about all the bits i did, de-coupler, 1z engine install etc. sorryCry
Cliffbase View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliffbase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 13 at 22:40
Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Baxters Chocolate Star Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 13 at 13:45
Thanks, made good reading pity the photo's were missing Cry

Cheers
Gary 

Cliffbase View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliffbase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 13 at 15:10
Thats odd, they all show on mine??
bounce-rentals View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bounce-rentals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 13 at 21:54
yeah, i can't see pics either

woolie
www.wooliesworkshop.com
Est 1991
solosyncro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solosyncro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 13 at 10:33
"Yes they all have one knob"
No, that´s not correct, there are many Syncros, especially in Germany, that have no diff-blockage-device. Just 4w-drive permanently..
Saludos
 Post Reply Post Reply