The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 14" Syncro Doka RHD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tristan DeCam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 14" Syncro Doka RHD
    Posted: 01 Dec 12 at 16:31
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at options to help my parents that are in financial difficulty, one being, selling my Doka project.  I felt it best to stick this thread under this section, as I don't was to mislead anyone, in case I'm not happy with offers.

I would like to get feedback on what this would be worth, and hopefully find someone that would like this....for the right price.

Details:- please note all receipts available.

G Reg RHD Doka.....77K on the clock.
I took this on to develop into an expedition vehical, so I could travel around Europe and North Africa.  The engine was seized so decided to update with a 130hp PD engine from a 2002 Passat with 114K.  The passat was purchased from ASM Auto Recycling LtD, it was an economical write off, due to light front o/s damage.

The Passat engine was removed and has had full service carried out with new cam belt and water pump.

Syncro gearbox removed and reconditioned by Aidan Talbot.  Full rebuild with oiling plates and 3rd asnd 4th gaers to suir TDI installation with TDI input Shaft. Full report included.

20mm conversion plate to allow engine to sit at 0 degrees, Passat flywheel replaced with 228mm flywheel from Golf, and aftermarket VR6 clutch kit to handle the 300Nm of torque for the PD engine.

Uprated parts :- Trailmaster springs and shocks (40mm raise) upper/lower ball joints (HD), CV Joints (HD), 20mm spacer set. all parts from Syncro Services.

Front upper ball joint spacers from Futbus.

Poly bush kit, handbrake cables, propshaft rubber doughnut, braided brake hoses all from Brickwerks

New brake pads, discs, shoes, calipers, wheel bearings, drums, brake master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, tie rod ends, wishbone kit, inner rear arm bushes, rear wheel cylinders, radiator.

Wheels - I had trouble finding wheels that were rated to take the weight of the Doka, so went to compomotive sport wheels and had 6 x MO1580 made 8x15 with ET30 offset in grey. Tyres - Kumho KL71 Kumho KL 71 - 235/75 R15 104Q TL

Smoked rear light, and smoked front indicators.

Spare rear door

front leather ford Granada seats (Electric) not fitted

All parts fitted, currently waiting for my mechanic to wire in the loom from the passat. Receipts total £7,000 and £1500 of labour

Would look at either selling as is, or have it running and MOT'd

Please feel free to contact me direct to discuss 07725365900

Link to images LINK KNOW WORKING

Edited by Tristan DeCam - 01 Dec 12 at 17:18
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 12 at 18:03
Ok, I'll be the first to make me self look a dick!

Euro spec kit landed is £12 or 13k iirc. As with all things,quality of install - mounts,wiring will have a big influence. Coupled to market being a bit fickle at the mo, stuff appears to be hanging around a lot longer than in recent months/years.will it be sold with wiring finished? At the mo there is no one in the uk that I know of that offers a pd loom. Some of the Germans do and it's a fair few quid.

In current state ie with wiring as it is and body work as is, I think you would be selling somewhere at a loss. Don't know about anyone else but I am of the opinion that on a good day, right wind and sun shining I would go for £5k ISh, maybe a tad more IF you could find someone prepared to take on a it as a risk ie getting someone to finish wiring without having to remove kidneys or being competent enough to do it themselves. Unfinished you are over a barrel a bit.

Finished? Tax test and engine fully ran up with a few miles put on it and all gremlins,fault codes, leaks,loose hose clips - you know what I mean, sorted out? Somewhere between your £7k and 10 depending on above weather conditions!!!!!

have been in a pd and they are fucking ace , makes a tdi look pants.

BUT , its a niche market you are looking at and you have to find a buyer who wants a Doka, wants a syncro and wants to spend some coin ( don't worry about diesel , all heroes want tdi power!!!)

If it was me I would be hard pushed to spend very strong money on a T3 at the mo, not quite in some of the aircooled territory price wise and there is still a few k's worth of bodywork even if it doesn't need welding.
Good luck chap!

Edited by ELVIS - 01 Dec 12 at 18:06
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Tristan DeCam View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tristan DeCam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 12 at 18:13
Thanks for the feedback, PD loom has been removed from the Passat and is awaiting install.  My mechanic has had the Doka in his garage, but due to work load etc, it has been put to the back, waiting for a quiet period......most likely, it will be worked on over xmas.

Was looking forward to getting it road worthy.....going to be a proper piece of kit.
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 12 at 18:32
Sell your kidneys and keep it, a pd t3 ROCKS!
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Tristan DeCam View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tristan DeCam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 12 at 18:39
Ha....they wouldn't be worth alot.....too much punishment over the years
 Post Reply Post Reply