The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1980 Joker ...original radio?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bobdogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1980 Joker ...original radio?
    Posted: 17 Jun 12 at 08:27
Managed to pick up a Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio at the 'oldtimer' show in northern Germany last weekend and once cleaned will be fitting in our bus...
This made me think.... what would have been the original radio for this camper?
Have seen some info on another site that lists models 'emden' 'salzgitter' and 'braunschweig' but to my thinking these are too old ...
Anyone have any info??
Andy.
1980 Westy Joker Poptop
skinnymalinky1 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinky1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 12 at 12:03
My 1982 Joker has an Ingolstadt II radio that was fitted at the factory. It's listed as an option R60 on the M-sticker so it might not have been the standard fitment.

Kate
DaveyP2004 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveyP2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 12 at 19:04
The 1981 Joker Price List shows Salzgitter, Emdem, Braunshweig and Braunshweig with cassette.

I think sometimes there are different models of radio with the same name over the years.

Cheers,
Dave
The Bobdogs View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bobdogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 12 at 20:04
Concur with that idea Dave, as the Frankfurt seems to have various incarnations....I will fit this one as I think it looks right for the van....
And doesn't have lots of flashing lights that stay on all night like the sony head unit I have in at the moment!!
1980 Westy Joker Poptop
The Bobdogs View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bobdogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 12 at 20:08
1980 Westy Joker Poptop
 Post Reply Post Reply