The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT 35 Gear Linkage Parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 14 at 06:00
Originally posted by Buster2 Buster2 wrote:

Originally posted by LTCamper89 LTCamper89 wrote:

Bugger is Buster2, you will have to remove the stuff you just put inAngry

oh and me tooAngry

I used to work in a top race team and I love doing jobs repetitively!  I always f**k up my first attempts too, brilliant way to learn!

Ah, the wind in your hair, the thrill of it, the speed.......?LOLNeeded a rest then?
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 14 at 06:01
Edit: ConfusedOddly Duplicated.

Edited by LTCamper89 - 19 Nov 14 at 06:02
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 14 at 11:23

Originally posted by lorryloader lorryloader wrote:

UPDATEWink After much study on fleabay vagcat and other webs (fleabay 31 pages of 192 items !) I may have matched up (281711183A) well as near as your going to get 'off the shelf ' and @ a reasonable price Yes its a manual steering rack boot and good news is its in the VW range of vehicles,the three closest matches i can make out are : Golf 1.8 1984-1992,Polo 1.1-1994-1996 or Lupo-2000-2002.I think the Golf is the best match as total length is 120mm long as opposed to the original say 100mm @stretch, ok its say 5mm o/size at one end but it has a neck which you could put a cable tie around which is probably best to at both ends anyway.The extra length and the neck might actually work better as the original seems to give way at the smaller end first on the original and also over stretches the bellows, what do you all think? as most of you will probably have fitted the whole linkage before me , feedback greatly appreciated!Also nearly forgot (282711279A) can be got through vw heritage from Andy,wishing you all a continued smooth gear change regards Jerry.Smile

I must have forgotten all about your mega-search, so sorry.

I would go for them at £4 each, certainly better than £12 for the 321498203A.

?Have actually got them fitted Jerry?
No Chris maybe that's a better option but I could not see any sizes,mine not fitted yet all assembled looks like it will work if I ever work out how to post pics will do so !
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Buster2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buster2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 14 at 14:30

[

Ah, the wind in your hair, the thrill of it, the speed.......?LOLNeeded a rest then?

Nah! Just a spanner monkey and longhaul driver (or at least that's how it felt) - 7/12 months away from family - and especially no place for a person like me - I only need watering and hugs.

I've just pulled the selector rod back out, gonna re-profile the bushes a little more as I have no back/forth motion in the gear stick.  I also ordered some steering rack boots, so I'll fit them when they arrive and let you all know how I get on.

1991 LT31 2.4 Petrol LWB High Top (Former DIAL-a-bus) Called 'Buster'
Buster2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buster2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 14 at 11:57
Blisters from burns (I just laughed out loud) on both hands from trying to sand down the bushes evenly to fit.  Got two hours into sorting one out and it's just about there, but that's me done with that for today.  I was half-tempted to use some electric piece of machinery, but my misses has reminded me that I'm building this with love, and that maybe some repetitive hand movements are just what's needed!

Hopefully the steering boots will arrive tomorrow...
1991 LT31 2.4 Petrol LWB High Top (Former DIAL-a-bus) Called 'Buster'
Ch0ngin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ch0ngin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 15 at 14:12
Just to bump this thread again.
Are there any (281711209) Bushes still existence.
I would like a couple for our Lt35 project.
Anyone who could point me in the right direction?
Would be very much appreciated. 👍
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 15 at 18:18
There are none to be had from VW anymore.

I am getting set up to produce some once I have the rear of the LT sorted, it is a big hole at the minute. I am on holiday at the end of March so will get something done in the weeks following. I have been finding that the necessary time has not been forthcoming.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Ch0ngin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ch0ngin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 15 at 18:35
Yeh That Would Be Swell. I've obviously already tried the route of dealers and web searching.
with only really Pictures/Dimensions as an outcome.
I've got the other two bushes sorted. Also in no mega rush lol. Keep us posted👍
andypb64 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andypb64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 15 at 20:10
Still keen on some also keep me informed many thanks andy
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 15 at 20:18

There are none to be had from VW anymore.

I am getting set up to produce some once I have the rear of the LT sorted, it is a big hole at the minute. I am on holiday at the end of March so will get something done in the weeks following. I have been finding that the necessary time has not been forthcoming.

Another true hero like Mat the cat ! 
 While your at it Chris knock up some injection moulds for me gear stick bellows !Big smile
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
BrightSparks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrightSparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 15 at 21:43
Hiya, if you do make up some more I'd love to purchase a couple of sets as I want my LT to go on forever!! Or until the rust bug devours her completely??
Should I cut the Blue wire or the Red wire???
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 15 at 09:18
Originally posted by BrightSparks BrightSparks wrote:

Hiya, if you do make up some more I'd love to purchase a couple of sets as I want my LT to go on forever!! Or until the rust bug devours her completely??

LOLLOL
No-one is interested in producing small numbers, so it will have to wait.

I should have a bunch for the meet in April.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Ch0ngin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ch0ngin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 15 at 18:14
To Follow up folks. 😉
I just receive a delivery of What Looks Like a genuine vw "282711119" Bush.
Hehe. Well it's a start at least. I did want two.
But as it goes I had a phone call from the part suppliers explaining there was only one left in stock.(Bummer) But Wth😂
However the friendly chap had sourced me one at a different parts supplier.(Bonus)😂👍 I Will Give Them A bell and try get the one they have left. if they do obv, Won't Hold My Breath.😂Would be nice to have a genuine set Though.
Just Need A Couple "015311544" Balls from dealers.
And the totally nonexistent "281711209" lol

http://postimg.org/gallery/37zxjgazy/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678