The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AAZ Throttle Lever.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AAZ Throttle Lever.....
    Posted: 12 Apr 12 at 19:42
I've been having a read of the  fitting guide, but I'm a little concerned about buggering it up.

What are the implications of the bottom most arm coming off the splines on the shaft?

If you have done this conversion yourself, just how difficult is it to do without messing it up?  Do you need four hands and the dexterity and precision of an eye surgeon?

Cheers guys

Chris

(Feeling like a brick-tard   LOL)
T5 130 LWB 2.5 TDi - Becoming a camper
T5 Camper Build Blog
langb20 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote langb20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 12 at 23:39
I felt the same when I did mine, complete with that sense of panic when indeed the spline did move, but its not a complete loss if that happens, It's quite hard to explain it till you do it, there are lines on the pump body I do believe, get the splines to align with them and try it out, if engine response is poor, give it another notch. There is a knack to the spring, I think longnose pliers helped at the time. Oh and swearing a lot
'82 1Z camper project
Kank View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 12 at 01:38
As above if you let it slip off you loose the throttle setting, not a major problem but it might take 10 mins of fiddling to reset and get the best from the pump again.

I did it when I did my conversion, luckly I had the engine running before I did the conversion so before you do the thottle finish the install get it running without the cable attached, this is if you have just got a engine rather then a complete car so you know the engine works etc etc then change the lever, so you not left wondering why it won't run right.
Italjohn View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 18 at 11:16
I did change the lever, and had no problems Smile

Edited by Italjohn - 29 Aug 18 at 11:19
 Post Reply Post Reply