The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 air directional cable fix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portreathbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 air directional cable fix
    Posted: 17 Jan 12 at 18:44
There are a lot of people that seem to have this problem with their T5 vans. The air direction control breaks when trying to turn it to the the 3 o'clock position. This is because the cable used is crap. Loads of people are saying that a solid core version of this cable is available, and quoting various part numbers.

I ordered part number: 7H2 819 837 C to replace my cable. It is red/blue and not green/blue like the old one, but it is a solid core and a little bit stiffer than the older version. Here are a few pictures of the old one and the newer one.

I think the newer (solid core) cable is the same one that is used on the heater dial on the left.

zedzedeleven View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zedzedeleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 12 at 10:17
good post. thank you.
1.9 85ps swb 2004 in friesan green.

bring me sunshine.
Onefut View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
I like pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onefut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 12 at 09:26
good info    thanx
God whispers in our soul & speaks to our heart. When we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick.
It's our choice: Listen to the whisper or wait for the brick!
05 Shuttle SE 174 Auto LWB
BigVern View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigVern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 12 at 11:26
Hi,

I have the same problem just occured, are these easy enough to fit?

Ive not exactly got nimble fingers and it looks a little fiddly ut Im up for a go :)

Cheers
Vern
I buy things I dont really need with money I dont Have...
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 12 at 12:05
Have a scroll thru' the modifications board (loads of other good stuff there)   I think it was Surfdub who posted the how-to-do for the cables there. Smile
2004 2.5 174
portreathbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portreathbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 12 at 22:56
It is a bit fiddly. But VW was gunna charge 3 hours labour to do the job.

It takes about 30 minutes if you know what to do.

DIZZYT5 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIZZYT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 20 at 23:08
Hi can anyone help me I’m struggling to clip the black end back in wherever it came from, should of taken a pic first but thought it would be straight forward
 Post Reply Post Reply