The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heater Matix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heater Matix
    Posted: 11 Jan 12 at 11:19
Hi Folks,

I'm soon going to be removing the dash board in my '92 Caravelle (ZA 2.5i) to replace the fan blower motor which has siezed. I'm planning to replace / repair / upgrade anything else while I have it out, so a couple of questions:
Does anyone know if the heater Matrix is same as European vans?
If not will anything available over in UK work as a replacement?
Any suggestions on what else might need attention at the same time? (thinking wiper mech if available)

Had the respray done - looks amazing even if I say so!!!

Thanks
TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 12 at 16:56
Should be the same heater matrix, Brickwerks sells new ones. 

If getting the dash out the best modification any T3 owner can do is to fit the 10" Brake Servo as fitted by Oettinger in Germany. This is from an early 3 series BMW, model/chassis E30. You'll be amazed at what it does to the brakes/pedal feel !!! Any questions PM me !  Wink

Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 12 at 18:24
Had my matrix out over the Xmas break and it certainly looked like a standard one, as did the heater blower. Only the heater casing differed. Naturally all the external controls are different. I still haven't worked out what the vacuum unit is supposed to do, cus in my case it doesn't!

One thing that I noticed whilst my dash was out was that degraded seals on the wiper spindles were leaking, which explains why my upper front panel has crumbled.
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
superbus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 12 at 23:09
Thanks very much for replys. I'll let you know how it goes, will be in about a month now due to work... The 10" servo sounds interesting, I'll be in touch.

I'm hoping to improve the power of the drivers side screen wash at the same time, it's been useless for a while. Not sure if its the distance from pump or if pipe is compromised in some way.

Cheers!

Post Reply Post Reply