The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1991 Polo GT breadvan - Leeds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yradave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1991 Polo GT breadvan - Leeds
    Posted: 31 Dec 11 at 14:04
w
Due to loss of work I've unfortunately got to sell my Polo.

I only bought this in October from the original owner from new, I was going to keep it and smarten it up in the spring. Unfortunately it's now time to move it on to a new home.

1.3 GT multipoint GT engine.

74600 miles, history and all the MOTs to back this up as original.

MOT until October 2012

Tax until end of May 2012

It's a proper 91 GT with all the nice little GT bits everyone likes. Runs really well and pulls smoothly, no issues with the gearbox.

The interior is good, although the driver's side bottom bolster foam is starting to collapse, the material has not worn here but could do with the attention or it will start to deteriorate.

All the electrics work fine, even the tow bar electrics (or so I'm told, I don't have a trailer myself)

Oh, and it's got a towbar with single electrics. Presumably for small trailers or tiny caravans.

After driving my aircooled T3 the economy is brilliant, I've got towards 40mpg without any motorway driving.

The bad bits:

There is a crease along the driver's door and on to the front wing. It hasn't affected the operation of the door at all. I was going to replace both of these when I sorted the bodywork in spring, although both look to be pretty repairable. The photos actually make it look worse.

The window guide piece, between the quarter light and main window has rusted. I was going to just replace this with the rest of the door.

The bonnet has had paint. You may not spot it at first glance, but if you inpsect the finish and compare the colour to the scuttle you'll see it. Again, something to sort out at the same time as the door and wing.

The mirror on the driver's side is not the internally or remote adjustable one that came with the car, I suspect it met the same fate as the door and wing. It's one of the lower spec manually adjustable ones.

Driver's side rear quarter has recieved a nuber of scrapes in the paint. It's scratched to the undercoat but not the metal, and the panel has not been distorted.

The PO had a set of roof bars on so there's some scrapes in the gutters where they've been fitted.

Generally the paint has faded a tone or two. It's not sunbleached but is noticable when you lift up the carpets to compare.

I've been quite thorough on the bad points but it's a nice little daily that could be very nice with a repaint.

Price is £600 cash, although I will consider offers for a quick deal.

The car is in East Leeds, junction 46 or 47 of the M1.

Viewing available.

I'm on 07792646786

Dave.

Daily aircooled T3, knackered mk1 golf.
 Post Reply Post Reply