The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2003 Caddy behaving badly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jam-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2003 Caddy behaving badly
    Posted: 09 Dec 11 at 14:03
Can anyone shed any light on a problem I'm having please? My 2003 Caddy diesel runs beautifully... Then it stops dead... It may run fine for a week but then break down 10 times a day. It shows no fault codes and runs great. Stop solenoid and start relay have been changed. Our VW main agent can't find anything wrong either. When it won't start the stop solenoid on the injection pump clicks vigorously and ignition lights come on, but the key is dead. All main engine earths have been cleaned and re-attached too

It's driving me bonkers, so any help very gratefully received.
dp67bug View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp67bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 11 at 19:41
you say the key is dead ?does the engine turn over but wont fire , and some times it will start and if it was like mine turn off go into the shop and wont start agian leave it 20 mins or so and goes agian ?Cry
Jam-Man View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jam-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 11 at 20:25
Hi, sounds similar, but no the starter won't turn. The key does nothing, but the stop solenoid is constantly clicking. As you say, you can leave it 20 minutes, sometimes less, sometimes more, and it will be as if nothing had ever been wrong.
dp67bug View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp67bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 11 at 23:09
i wonder if its the ignition switch ? mine was the relay in the fuse box (number 109) and it controlled the ecu mine was a tdi 2002 put new relay in and never played up again Smile
Jam-Man View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jam-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 11 at 10:54

We wondered about the switch too, we also changed the 109 realy as that clicks too, but it didn't cure it. It's a real pain!

Post Reply Post Reply