The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK camper in Australia+pipe question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK camper in Australia+pipe question
    Posted: 22 Nov 11 at 10:16
Hello everyone....
I have an Autohomes camper with 1.6td engine, 1987 year model.
This one has gone the other way for once and was imported in 1988.
I am 3rd owner and is the ultimate t3 I have always wanted but the diesel engine was never an option in Australia.
We did have the diesel engine in the mk1 golf and passat up to 1981 and then we had no vw's imported into AUS exept transporters which were all petrol, and then in 92 we had a trickle of golfs and passats come in but all petrol too.

So the aaz 1.9 upgrade for me will be a bit more difficult but I'll work something out one day.
The 1.6td goes ok but the rubber 3way pipe  just before the turbo is split at the hose clamp and has been repaired before but is not saveable this time.
It makes a hissing sound and not as much gogo as it used to have. 
You guys seem to be the ones to ask if this unusual pipe is still able to be bought or if there is an alternative aftermarket pipe as items like this will not exist here.

In the syncro section is there a intro place so I can post some pics or members rides or is it a general area for t3's?

Thanks in advance..
Michael in AUS.

traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 11 at 10:28
Dunno that bit you mean, but have you searched the brickwerks stuff ? 
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
frogsta View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 11 at 01:50
Yep, I have looked just about everywhere.
I can't seem to find a part number either.
I would like to put up some pics of it but not sure how on this forum.
I have gone to the insert image icon but don't know what to do from there.
Any help appreciated.
Michael.
gary1998 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 11 at 05:40
have a mooch around here for part numbers 

for a engine look at 90s audi or skoda 1y engine might be easier to find 

beware the fury of a patient man

http://www.eireball.com/
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 11 at 09:18
upload the pic to photobucket, then link to them here.

Instructions here:

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 11 at 09:27

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
frogsta View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 11 at 21:37
It's number 9 for sure.
Can this part be bought anywhere.
Thanks heaps guys.
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 11 at 16:09
Hi, dont spose anyone has part number 6 kicking around spare do they? i need that bit!

cant help with the other bit sorry.
frogsta View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 13 at 11:06
Been a while but by some freak of destiny I have a 1Z from a golf which is amazing as this engine does not exist in Australia.
A German fella up the road whilst in Germany pulled it from a golf with all the bits and was going to put it in a caravelle but lost interest.......

So I'm back in the game!.
Thing is I have no help in AUS for a 1Ztdi into a jx1.6td conversion.

Is there a step by step guide and parts needed thread on this forum?
You guys have seen and done this years ago I'm sure and I have searched the t3 diesel upgrades but I can't seem to find a definate how to for what I have.

My syncro has sat for months as the ring gear on the flywheel wore out and ended up not starting plus the jx is at it's end game.
Sad thing is the best weather in Aus where I'm at is winter and we're not camping!

Spose I should start a new thread in the t3 diesel upgrades.

Thanks heaps
Michael.
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 13 at 12:06
1Z been done countless times chap..  start a new thread in diesel upgrades, VERY similar to most other 1.9 TDi's
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 13 at 20:01
Here you go http://www.karmann-coachbuilts.com/technical/tdi.htm     http://www.ha-projekt.de/ there is also a guy on here (syncroandy) that builds /supplies tdi wiring harness but If you have not got all the bits from the car you may have a bit of a problem 
eg:harness/ecu/immobiliser/transponder key-reader ring /n75-n18 valves /airflow meter/throttle pot/109 relay/glowplug relay and probably a few I have missed 

The immobiliser can be bypassed though https://carlabimmo.com/category.php?id_category=24  so you could get away without the reader ring /imo/transponder key

Edited by light - 12 Jun 13 at 20:17
frogsta View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 13 at 01:23
Cheers fellas, thanks for the quick replies just what I need......I'll get onto it.
Bullifamilie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bullifamilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 13 at 01:27
Frogsta,

Good luck with the conversion, I'm in the same boat having just bought a 1988 diesel DOKA import from the UK.  I'd love to keep it diesel but our options here is AUS are extremely limited.  I hope there's a guy down my road with a 1Z but I doubt it.

I've just put a subi in my syncro and I love the way it drives but I want ot keep the DOKA Volkswagen.  Might just put a 2.1MV in it for a while.
 Post Reply Post Reply