The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'07 T5 1.9 TDi no turbo above 2k RPM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '07 T5 1.9 TDi no turbo above 2k RPM
    Posted: 02 Nov 11 at 23:02
HEy guys

so i decided to hit the coast on a late night jaunt and ended up turning round near bristol as the turbo was being funny and would only come on intermitantly.

I stopped briefly and when pulled off it appearedthe turbo had conked out all together, truck was still running but no turbo. When i got back to slower going i found that the turbo whistle was present and had normal go up to exactly 2000 revs but nothing after that.

It a total pain and need to get it sorted.....can anybody help with what this might be......done a bit of reading and could it possibly be the vains in the turbo being stuck?

HELP!
-------------------------
www.mgrifphoto.co.uk
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 11 at 23:56
Could be the classic  "limp-home" mode (reset by switching off and re-starting - until the next time).  Often caused by sticking turbo vanes.  2,00rpm is about when TDIs start to make full boost pressure (normally).

Plenty of threads on here with more info - try the advanced search function with "any date" specified to pick up threads older than 6 months.
griffo18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 11 at 12:49
yes i tried the turn off and re start to no avail.....this morning got in it to go to the garage, turbo was whurring inconsistantly, up and down.  not sounding good at all and after a few minutes running all power loss but picks up after several seconds. then runs with no turbo......me thinks turbo is a gonner!

balls!

-------------------------
www.mgrifphoto.co.uk
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 11 at 13:18
It's a long shot, but if you had an intermittent blockage in the exhaust system somewhere that would prevent the turbo from spiining enough to produce boost.  It's not common, but sometimes a cat, DPF or baffle can block the exhaust.  If it is a loose bit they can sometimes move around and cause variable problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply