Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > The Coachbuilt forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dirty Fridge on Gas!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dirty Fridge on Gas!!
    Posted: 04 Jul 11 at 23:10

Quick question on running our fridge on gas.....

it appears that it's not burning very cleanly when on gas mode.  The symptoms are a strong 'exhaust'smell from the flue and discolouration/soot staining of the flue vent (see pics below).

I had a problem getting it to light, but had it cleaned out and it now lights but burns 'dirty'.  Gas supply is all OK - hob and boiler both burn fine and cleanly.

I'm guessing the answer lies in a good servicing Embarrassed, but just wanted to check there wasn't something obvious that I was missing.

Any ideas?

traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 11 at 07:20
You let chunk at at it didn't you ! LOL
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 11 at 07:47
LOL now, now.... LOL
gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 11 at 18:21
Try replacing the regulator - if it has oneConfused
T3 Doka 2.1MV
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 11 at 21:45
Right, got a new jet coming for it, so will give it a good cleanout and rejet then take ti from there Big smile

Thanks for the input all Thumbs Up
windysurfer View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 11 at 22:20
Give your flue a good blow out as well Shocked

Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 11 at 22:36
Originally posted by windysurfer windysurfer wrote:

Give your flue a good blow out as well Shocked

I'll get Mrs C to do it...Wink
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 11 at 20:38

Sorted! Stripped the burner out, gave it and the flue a good clean, new jet and bingo Big smile

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 11 at 17:59
Where did you get the jet from Chappy?

Occasionally my fridge turns itself off gas and then relights itself, don't know if it should do or not,
as you know they have a mind of there own, but think mine might be due a bit service.

Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 11 at 21:51
Originally posted by windysurfer windysurfer wrote:

Where did you get the jet from Chappy?

Occasionally my fridge turns itself off gas and then relights itself, don't know if it should do or not,
as you know they have a mind of there own, but think mine might be due a bit service.

Although I'd got it to light, it did have a tendency to knock off, then relight as well as burning dirty.

If yours is the same as mine - model RM4285LM, PN 00921073092, you can get the jet: jet-tastic 

But if I was going to do it again, I'd just replace the whole burner unit.  When I took mine out here was a fair amount on internal corrosion evident, but luckily I had a pipe cleaner type wire brush to clean it properly.

Heres the burner link.... clickme

If you have a slightly different model then just punch the model or PN into the search function and it'll throw up what's available.

I paid the extra quid or so and got next day delivery Big smile

All in all, it was a nice job to do. Just need a short and long phillips screwfightener, a 10mm spanner for the gas fitting nut and a 12mm or 11mm spanner to hold the burner when undoing the gas fitting so you don't snap the gas supply pipe.

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 11 at 21:56
Cheers for the link, i'll get one ordered

Post Reply Post Reply