The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

alternator for Auto T3 2.1 petrol 1988

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daviddd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alternator for Auto T3 2.1 petrol 1988
    Posted: 04 Jun 11 at 10:28
It looks as if my alternator has failed but I'm having bother trying to determine the replacement type. VW dealer was confused about whether I have a 65 or 90 amp one (and they wanted an arm and a leg for whichever one). When I check on Eurocarpart and put in my registration they list a 65 amp one for £108 or so. Any tips guys? I wonder if the auto has a different one to the manual (mine's auto).

I am 95% sure the alternator is the problem - there is a voltmeter on the dash that usually shows 14V but this is now down to 12.5V. Luckily the vehicle starts easily so doesn't run the battery down so quickly

I was about to go on a long trip to see family in England but this may have to be put on hold now Cry

'88 T3 Caravelle Surfbus Auto Cool Ice Blue
'92 Scirocco GT11 Auto Flash Red
My circumnavigation of Oz on bicycle: www.davidddinoz.blogspot.com
daviddd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daviddd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 11 at 10:29
Can anyone come up with the correct part number? As I have 2 leisure batteries I wonder if I need a higher amperage alternator? If available!
'88 T3 Caravelle Surfbus Auto Cool Ice Blue
'92 Scirocco GT11 Auto Flash Red
My circumnavigation of Oz on bicycle: www.davidddinoz.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply