The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mk2 GTI, cheap project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yradave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mk2 GTI, cheap project
    Posted: 19 May 11 at 17:19
Due to lack of time, money and space I need to move my GTI on.

£350

1985 E reg

124400 miles on the odometer, presumably original.

It's a non-runner with no tax or test.

I bought it to use as a daily with a couple of months tax and test but it started blowing oil through the airbox then it spat it's oil over the engine bay. I've taken the head off yesterday and the gasket was fine, the head itself looks fine with very little corrosion of the water galleries. The block has got ridges around the top of the bores and some vertical scuff marks down them. The head is still off.

The body and underside are very solid, the floorpan is the best I've seen on a mk2, the rear axle mounts are 100%. The wheelarches are similarly spotless. Inner wings and scuttle areas are in very good condition too.
The paint is okay but has a number of surface marks and a little laquer lifting on the rear quarter, I've tried to picture it. Both bumpers were bought new by the previous owner so are perfect with no fade. The rear panel has had a knock under the back bumper which has put a fairly big ripple in the panel, but it's all under the line of the bumper, the hatch surround and bit where the badges go are unaffected. There's also some white sealer round the passenger side mirror but the remote adjust works fine and it will fold in and out no problem.

It's got pressed plates but I do have the acrylic ones that I took off.

The previous owner fitted a very good condition 'rainbow' GTI interior from a later car, the rear and passenger seats are almost perfect. Even the driver's seat bolsters aren't frayed, the foam however is starting to sag a little.

It comes with Pirelli P-slots with good tyres. It's lowered quite a lot on coilovers, I'm not sure on the brand, they don't look seized and I've got the C-spanner to adjust them.

There's a LOT of documentation with it for various bits previous owners have bought, I'll have a look through to see if there's any nice bits.

EDIT: it's got an immobiliser fitted in 1998 (got the original documents with it) that works. It's on a fob you push in a socket on the dash, it isolates the ignition so you don't even get any dash lights and it the engine won't turn over.

Make me an offer, I've need the space and have stuff that needs to be paid for.

I'm in East Leeds, a few minutes from J46 M1. 07792646786

Pictures.

The bores and head:

Engine bay and underside.

The outside (that's bird crap on the front bumper)

Driver's seat and bolster

Passenger seat and interior

The bad bits, rear panel and sealered mirror

Edited by Yradave - 19 May 11 at 17:33
Daily aircooled T3, knackered mk1 golf.
caron666 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M NOT A BIRD, HONEST!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caron666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 17:25
Just before I put an advert in the wanted forum, what stereo is in this?

Cheers
Yradave View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yradave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 17:28
Ummm, a Sendai CD player. Nothing too special, but it works fine.
caron666 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M NOT A BIRD, HONEST!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caron666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 17:36
Ahh bollox, am after the original Cassette Player.  I am sure they came with the Balupunkt Bologna.

Cheers  Anyway.

But if you are ever going to break it or scrap it, give me a shout.

Cheers
Rob M View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 20:42
£150?
Yradave View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yradave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 21:04
I'm hoping for a bit more but I'll certainly bear your offer in mind, thanks.
jonnyg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonnyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 11 at 11:11
If you was closer i would happily give you a decent offer but its over 300 miles round trip so no can do im afraid...
Yradave View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yradave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 11 at 18:24

Ah that's a shame. Good luck with finding something nearer you. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply