The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lt camper rear access

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lt camper rear access
    Posted: 02 May 11 at 13:52
thinking aloud really.
some lt`s loose the rear doors and some keep them in use. was wondering what the pros and cons are to this.
how many wish they had the doors in use?

how many never use the doors anyway?

late sven hedin and florida spring to mind.

lee.
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
mcbkat View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcbkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 11 at 16:18
I've got a big, 2m long, bed in the back and it's nice to open the doors when the sun is shining...
When the bed is not in use, I've got a path of about 60cm wide so I can put a motorcycle in the back.
So I will never loose the doors.
Depends what you want to do with your LT, mine has to be multi-purpose...

Stefan
De Vries LT45 4X4, De Vries LT40 4x4
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 11 at 23:59
thanks stefan.

anyone else?
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 11 at 00:19
I'd keep em, use mine all the time for timber, sheet metal etc.
Also found em useful in tight parking spaces.

Can see the advantage of a permament bed set up though if you go camping regular.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

red4teen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red4teen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 11 at 18:57
why would anyone want to get rid of the rear doors?...lock them and be done...then one day if you need them opening, for whatever reason, you can open them, just reverse the process of locking them ..voila!!
no, i wont pull over and let you past ! and yes this is as fast as it goes !
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 11 at 21:43
i was thinking specificly about the westfalia sven hedin and florida`s. it seems as if westfalia  "improved" the sven by making the rear doors obsolete on the last of them. then went back to rear doors when they introduced the florida. was the reinstating of the rear doors simply down to cost cutting or did they realise the doors were a good idea thus keeping them in the florida models.

lee.
Captain Morris View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Morris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 11 at 18:58
Keep it, ours was blocked and we remodelled our van to be able to use rear door, use it all the time. 
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 11 at 07:53
Lee. Some of The late svens had a moulded rear panel in place of the doors. Iirc it was a cost option
But should you damage one Can you imagine how hard it would be to find a replacement these days! If your going for one get the florida or a sven with doors.
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 11 at 08:07
Good point jase. Think the opportunity has passed now anyway. The misses can't warm to them but I think they're ace.
Lee.
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 11 at 16:19
I agree. Great bits of kit to camp in but a bit lumbering for me. Wait till she sees chappys colorado cos thats glamping!

Edited by jason k - 03 Jun 11 at 16:20
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 11 at 19:10
My mate is picking up a colarado today. Not going to let Mandy see or I'll be done for. Lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply